MD/PA Ride July 9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR Gary

Reaction score
Just got this email from Russ Fleming, an active COG member from Frederick, MD regarding a ride on Sun, July 9

"July 9 COG / BMW and friends Get Together # 3

Russell Fleming of COG and Eddie Phelps of BMWBMW were discussing ways to get more CAMARADERIE between brands of motorcycles. Here is what we came up with.

Meet for breakfast at the Golden Corral in Frederick MD on route 355 south of route 70 at 9 am. After breakfast route sheets will be handed out for a 150 mile self guided ride that will end at Mountain Gate Family Restaurant in Waynesboro PA. The ride will take you on some of the FINEST Motorcycle riding roads in the area. Come out and show your support for Sport Touring at its finest.

For more information: Russell Fleming COG AAD MD / South Central PA

410-374-9687 or email [email protected]

Eddie Phelps Ride Chairman BMWBMW

410-781-7521 or email [email protected] "

I'll probably join in. Just wanted to pass this along if anyone is interested.

Gary

Very interested. I'll let you know if I'll be coming. I've been looking for an opportunity to throw the wife on the back for something like this and it's close enough to be close, but, long enough that she'll be able to get the experience.

The ride will take you on some of the FINEST Motorcycle riding roads in the area.
550 in that area running north to south along the river is a nice little piece of road. It's a little short, and you have to take it at off hours to have some fun, but it's worthwhile.

I may show up. As of now, I'm considering an advanced riders' course on the 8th. If I sign up for that, my presence on the 9th may depend on whether I took the CB700SC or the FJR1300A. If I took the FJR1300A, my presence on Sunday will depend on whether I broke lots of plastic on Saturday.

When are you guys shoving off from the meeting place?

Ari,

Breakfast at 9:00. I imagine shove-off would be around 10:00 am or so. Hope you can make it.

Gray

Randy;

haven't decided yet... i'm still a mebbe. and probably won't decide until Saturday morning on impulse. sorry I can't be more definite than that right now.

if I don't catch you guys -- have a great ride.

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy;
haven't decided yet... i'm still a mebbe. and probably won't decide until Saturday morning on impulse. sorry I can't be more definite than that right now.

if I don't catch you guys -- have a great ride.

Patrick
Hope to see you there, Patrick. By the way, if your impulse decision is on Saturday, don't forget that the ride isn't until Sunday.

D#MN!!!

I'm such a freakin' bozo!

man, its a good thing you said something -- seriously!! I swear I'd be sitting at the Golden Corral on Saturday wondering where the heck everyone was... I must have read that announcement three times and it never occured to me the ride was Sunday.

hmmm, not so sure that Hooligan is gonna want to do that on her day off, but I'll present the opportunity and see what she says. if she's up for it -- we'll be there.

in the meantime, I'm just gonna back up slowly and disappear nice and quiet like.

oi!!

(whenever we get to some place and time where its appropriate -- the first pints on me.)

Thanks Randy - I thought it was Sat too. Won't see you then - gotta go move our daughter out of her college apartment. Maybe next time.

Had a great time and met some great people. Russell said he would keep me posted of future events. Was great to meet you Gary...was able to pick up the pace a bit on the next stint, but, only so much I could do riding 2-up. Once the rain came, the wife and I picked up I81 and headed for home. For her first longer trip, she did good. Even with clipping off the final 40 miles of the ride, we still got 300 miles in today. Nice bunch of people and I look forward to the next one.

Randy,

We had a brief but fairly heavy downpour in the little town where 901 turns off of Rte. 9. I can't remember half the names of the little towns we went through :( There were only two of us (me and the guy on the Red Connie) riding together after we left the Sheetz station in Inwood and we kept up a pretty good pace.

We got into Waynesboro about 2:45 and ate lunch. Gavin (the guy from Suitland, MD on the other silver FJR) and I rode back to DC together. Got home about 6:00. Rode a little over 300 miles.

Look forward to another ride.

Gary