Fjr 1300 2007 shift gear problem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almogdro

Reaction score
Hello, I have Fjr 1300 2007 with electric shift.
The plus and minus buttons on the handlebars do not shift gears at all.
In manual mode, the gears rarely shift. And when first gear in, the motorcycle moves forward on its own without touching the throttle. I would happy to know if anyone has experienced a similar problem and what the options are for the problem

The electric shift bike will throw an error code on the dash if the ECU detects a problem with the clutch or shift mechanism, and prevent shifting. Do you see error codes flashing?

The electric shift bike will throw an error code on the dash if the ECU detects a problem with the clutch or shift mechanism, and prevent shifting. Do you see error codes flashing?
I see orange light and write near it “shift”

Are you certain the throttle closes to the stop completely? The 07 AE came with heated grips and the grip wire wraps around in the housing sometimes not allowing the throttle to fully close. The auto shift function ( both paddle and foot shifter) won't allow shifting if the ECU sees a high closed throttle idle speed. Just a thought.

Almogdro
Welcome to the FJRForum.

You say that when the bike is in first gear it moves forward on its own. That tells me that your hydraulic clutch has air in the lines. When in first gear and standing still the clutch will disengage – just as if you pulled in a clutch lever. Give it some throttle and it will start feathering power through the clutch plates, propelling you forward until you get enough speed going and the clutch fully engages. All this happens under computer control. This requires the clutch to have sufficient stroke to fully disengage the clutch plates. If there is air in the hydraulic line it will compress and not allow full stroke, thereby dragging the clutch plates. Bleed the air out and you will have better performance from the clutch actuator.

Good luck.

Brodie
🙂