Givi Topcase Comfort Adapter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the adapter plate. It moves the Givi box back approx. 3 inches to allow more comfort for the passenger with the Givi backrest pad. The adapter will work with either the 46 or 52 liter models and is made from laser-cut steel and powder coated black. I have had no complaints from the 20 or so people I have sold them to so far. You will need all the Givi mounting parts as on a regular installation. As for them, I would recommend going to Gary Mc Coy at University Motors 866-551-6478

IMG_03431.jpg

Here's a shot of the Givi mounting base, where you will have to relieve the plastic "webbing" to allow for the bolt heads. I did it with a dremel type tool.

IMG_03441.jpg

And a shot of the plate mounted to the base/rack assembly. It also has the added benefit of blocking access to the quick release latch mechanism (deterring theft).

IMG_03451.jpg

Finally, the finished product. Bren finds it to be rather comfortable. So much so that she has caught herself dozing off on long stretches of highway.

IMG_0605.jpg

Email me at gutsrus2k at yahoo dot com for purchase details. $35.00 shipped (US).

Last edited by a moderator:
Shamelessly bumped to generate exposure. I have two of them left and need to move them to finance a Skyway CC mount bracket. Some of you may have received a new Givi box for Christmas and need this to add the pillion pad and make her comfortable. According to Eve, it's better than a lower back rest. We've had both. I don't spend much time in the back seat (especially leaning back) but I'd have to agree with her. Get yours before I have to Ebay them!

Latest posts