• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Plug 'n' Play Harness For Aftermarket Horns

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRandy

Reaction score
Update as of 7/30/08...

Please search "FJRandy's plug 'n' play horn harness UPDATE" There have been important changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy,

Post a pick of the nautilus mounted on the bike. I am curious on the mount location. Especially with the fork brace interference that you know about.

To anyone thinking about getting Randys wiring harness...Do it. It is stupid simple to install.

Later

Moby, I have the Magnums mounted on mine. I was going to switch to the Nautilus, but laziness took over. ;)

My install pics included with the harness "somewhat" show the magnums mounted. I've since re-mounted them at 45 degrees to clear the Superbrace.

Let's just say I had a scary experience attempint to turn right after hitting the binders HARD on one of the rides.

Yes, I remember the clash between the brace and the Mag Blaster. I believe it was during the "speed triple incident" :D

My Mag Blasters do clear my fork brace pretty well. I must have done good the first time. I did notice that the left brake line will rub against the horn under front suspension compression. Maybe I'll get out the dremel and modify that side of the fairing too.

Did you say that the origional harness can be used as it and connect it to the nautilus?

I wonder if the nautilus could be mounted somewhere totally out of the way since it is only one unit. Thoughts?

Yes, I remember the clash between the brace and the Mag Blaster.  I believe it was during the "speed triple incident" :D

Did you say that the origional harness can be used as it and connect it to the nautilus?

I wonder if the nautilus could be mounted somewhere totally out of the way since it is only one unit.  Thoughts?
OOPS! Busted!

I was hoping no one remembered that little "incident". Wonder where she is now? (daydreaming)

The harness can easily work on a Nautilus by using both left and right leads together. You'd just have to mount it within the right side wire length, and clip the left side to the same length and attach both together. Or...I could supply one larger guage lead cut to your specified length.

I bought the blasters and have yet to install them on my FJR. I did install a set on the Maxim that my daughter rides because her horns were not working very well, and it was a big improvement over the stock horns, but I was not so impressed that I was in a hurry to install them on my bike. Now I think I'd like to go with the Nautilus compact. If anyone installs one of these please let us know where you mounted it and how well it fits.

Thanks

:clap: Randy,

Got my horns installed this morning and just wanted to say your kit is excellent. The wiring is so nicely done that it will never be mistaken for O.E.M. Thanks for doing this. I could have done it myself, but by the time I measured and fitted, it would have had hours invested. Thanks again.

I used your harness about a year ago and have had the opportunity to scare the shit out of quite a few cagers that were going to run me over. the install is very simple thank you again

toophast

Randy's harness and the associated horns are, IMHO, a must for all of us. It gives such satisfaction to blow the chrome off a Buick bumper!

I was going to add Randy's harness and the Blasters to my 05, but I sold it. I ordered the 06. Any idea yet if the harness and horn farkle will work with the 06?

I was going to add Randy's harness and the Blasters to my 05, but I sold it. I ordered the 06. Any idea yet if the harness and horn farkle will work with the 06?
I'm not positive yet, Paladin.

I'm going to the M/C show in NYC in January, and I'm going to take measurements of the '06. If it is indeed the same, they'll be ready immediately.

I'll post up as soon as I find out for myself. I promise! ;)

Randy

Three more weeks and I'll know for sure if my harness fits the '06.

I'll be hitting the motorcycle show in NYC on the 21st armed with tape measure, camera, & pen and pad in hand. They're gonna think I'm a spy for the other companies. :D

Randy,

I received my harness yesterday - Thanks for the fast delivery. And I'm impressed by the level of craftsmanship. Good Stuff.

now all I need is a bike.

53794310-M.jpg

Excellent! Now keep me posted on how well it fits the '06. You just might be the first one to do it. ;)

Randy

Excellent! Now keep me posted on how well it fits the '06. You just might be the first one to do it. ;) Randy
I kinda doubt it. I live in - you guessed it - kalifornia.

So not only do I have to wait for my bike - I have to wait for my horns.

:(