• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Plug 'n' Play Harness For Aftermarket Horns

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FJRandy-
Got the harness. Great craftsmanship. I'll update when installed on my 06A.

Others-

If you're thinking of upgrading your horns...get the harness / relay.

Thanks Randy.

You're very welcome! Now don't forget to post pics of the install.

My apologies, FJRandy...

Particularly because it has taking me so long to respond. No excuses, other than I simply forgot. So, I just took some time looking extensively over the 2006 Service Manual and the electrical system...

And, of course, you are correct. The horns are not relay triggered on the 2006's.

My apologies about my confusion. I was never intending to cause any grief to your business. I'm glad the stocker doesn't have the relay set-up, because now I will get to purchase one of your harnesses to go with the TM-80 Magnum Blasters I already have ordered. :D

I did figure out where my confusion stemmed from, and this may be of interest to some of you, though I don't know how the FJR's prior to the 2006 model year were wired up...

I have been having a lengthy e-mail exchange with Jim David at "Eastern Beaver" electrical products, and asking him about his full power headlight relay kits. I have gotten a customized Powerlet and SAE harness before for a specific application and thought he could be helpful here. He said he could certainly help, but he thought that the new FJR already had relays in the lighting circuit...

Sure enough, he's right... Right there on pages 8-222 and 8-223 are instructions for checking the headlight system relays, and shows leads going directly to the battery from the relays.

Again, my apologies for my error and my confusion, and I'm ready to buy one of your 2006 TM-80 horn harnesses!

Hope the headlight info is of some use.

Thanks!

Dallara

Not a problem Dallara, I like getting things going. Keeps people around here awake. ;)

Email sent regarding purchasing the relay.

Thanks again!

Randy

Thanks, Randy.

Reply e-mail sent. PayPal payment sent. Can't wait to see your work! :D

Take care!

Dallara

FJRandy -- any idea if it'll fit the 06 AE model? I want to get one before they're gone, but don't know if the harness is any different on the AE.

Let me know -- I'll order today if it'll work.

Rick, as far as horn wiring the AE should be no different. I have one ready to go if you'd like.

Randy

For any potential buyers out there, let me just say that Randy's harness was well worth buying. Yes, I could have fabbed it up for less money, but Randy does such a damn nice job (a thing of beauty, really), I can't imagine the ugly mess I might have made. Harness slipped right in perfectly on my 06, I routed things nicely, and had the blasters installed and honking in about 20 minutes. Thanks to the neat-o wiring, the install looks like it came that way ... better than factory.

Thanks FJRandy!!!

Randy,

Just sent payment via PAYPAL for the Magnum Blaster Harness for my FJR. Any idea when it will ship?

Thanks,

David

Randy,
Just sent payment via PAYPAL for the Magnum Blaster Harness for my FJR. Any idea when it will ship?

Thanks,

David
Jeez, it woulda been nice of me to check this sooner, eh?

By the time you read this Dave, you'll probably have it already.

Thanks again!

And thank you too, jimbemotumbo!

Randy

FJRandy -- any idea if it'll fit the 06 AE model? I want to get one before they're gone, but don't know if the harness is any different on the AE.
Let me know -- I'll order today if it'll work.
Installed FJRandy's harness and horn this weekend on my AE. A little different than the pictures because of changes on the 2006, but nothing major (just a little bit of wire tucking to do :D )!

Best regards,

Shane

Randy

Just sent you some payola. Whiile waiting on my AE to arrive, the farkling continues ... "so like the sands of an hour glass, so are the days of our farkles." (something like that)

Any problems or questions, just holler w/ a PM or email. Thanks!

gitterdan :beach:

Randy,

Thanks,

David

Thanks again!

Randy

I would have PMed you, but now you're unregistred...<BG>

do you have any of the wiring harnesses left? I have an 05..

Thanks

Mary

Randy,

Thanks,

David

Thanks again!

Randy

I would have PMed you, but now you're unregistred...<BG>

do you have any of the wiring harnesses left? I have an 05..

Thanks

Mary
I'm unregistered?????? What's up wit dat? Don't worry, I'm still here.

I don't have any harnesses made up at the moment, but I could make one up immediately if you need it. I usually ship it within 24 hrs of payment, even if I have to stop what I'm doing to make one or two.

Mary, I assume you want the harness for a pair of Magnum Blasters, correct? I've been getting people paying me for this harness and then telling me it's for a Compact Nautilus horn. Two completely different animals. AND two different prices.

Just get me the details and I'll take care of it.

Thanks!

Randy

Email me instead, I hate PM's. [email protected] (remove the dashes)

Now about this "unregistered" thing....... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on it's way. You should have it Thurs latest. With priority mail it's usually even faster than that. Maybe Wed if the mailman focuses. :lol: