'06 Fjr Color Scheme

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am considering custom paint on my '05.

Maybe black, like the color of my heart... :D

I see the blue ones all over LA, I would like to stand out when the meter maids of the freeways(CHP) give chase!

DrEvil, how about gloss black with red ghost flames, a few polished stainless farkles (NO CHROME) and a nice wide open header pipe. Replace the 02 sensor with a "fifth" fuel injector to spray a little raw fuel into the exhaust, so flames shoot out the pipes. And oh, yeah, a nitrous tank in each saddlebag. FJR from hell.....

windjammer,

If I was going to do that to any motorcycle, only a harley would merit such pomp and circumstance!

I just wonder if I painted her black would she melt from a combination of the heat factor and the southern california sun???

And Bobbyblue,

I work as a trauma surgeon, basically cutting things off and sewing things back on.

So my favorite is when a CHP tries to tell me that I have no concept of what it looks like after a motorcylist crashes and tears his arm or leg off. I just laugh and hand them my card. Still get the ticket but the cop stops referring to me as a kid!

Sorry to hijack the thread,

I love the red color scheme from europe and would almost consider a trade-in!

But I would rather pick up a new GSXR 1000 instead!

Candy Apple Red and I will trade my '05 today. Although Black with some silver trim would be nice too. It is all just specuation anyways! Despite what claims anybody is making we'll just have to wait and see. When they are on the floor...we will know!

only a harley would merit such pomp and circumstance!
Aw, c'mon, why limit yerself to the "me too" set? Why not a Dreer Norton, or a Speed Triple, or the new Triumph 2300 Triple? Only a small sample here, but there's a lot of bikes besides the Hardley <--sp? :D that could benefit from the Evil treatment and have the performance to back up the look.

DrEvil, how about gloss black with red ghost flames, a few polished stainless farkles (NO CHROME) and a nice wide open header pipe. Replace the 02 sensor with a "fifth" fuel injector to spray a little raw fuel into the exhaust, so flames shoot out the pipes. And oh, yeah, a nitrous tank in each saddlebag. FJR from hell.....
I always wanted to do the old Venture Royal, Swap the motor with a V Max, Blower, Nitros... Wait for a Gixer to pull up next to you on the Fwy and wheelie away from him at 110. His buddies would never beleive him about this touring bike that......... :eek: :assasin:

For 06 Im hoping for red, or black, or red and black two-tone.

Off T:

I always wanted to do the old Venture Royal, Swap the motor with a V Max, Blower, Nitros... Wait for a Gixer to pull up next to you on the Fwy and wheelie away from him at 110. His buddies would never beleive him about this touring bike that.........  :eek:   :assasin:
Moto rag I read once had a "Neutron Star" made with the above swap. It was a nightmare from what I remember reading, the motors weren't the same, they figured it would be an easy swap. They said it was a raped ape when it was finished though...

Oh yeah,

Hi everybody. :)

Perpetuating the off topic thread...

I always wanted to do the old Venture Royal, Swap the motor with a V Max, Blower, Nitros... Wait for a Gixer to pull up next to you on the Fwy and wheelie away from him at 110. His buddies would never beleive him about this touring bike that.........     

Moto rag I read once had a "Neutron Star" made with the above swap. It was a nightmare from what I remember reading, the motors weren't the same, they figured it would be an easy swap. They said it was a raped ape when it was finished though...
The direction of the engine's output shaft is 90° off between the Venture and V-Max. Big time, in a bad place. They had to constantly wash the bottom of the hybrid Venture Royal because it was always up in the air and showing :lol:

Alan

Perpetuating the off topic thread...

I always wanted to do the old Venture Royal, Swap the motor with a V Max, Blower, Nitros... Wait for a Gixer to pull up next to you on the Fwy and wheelie away from him at 110. His buddies would never beleive him about this touring bike that.........     

The direction of the engine's output shaft is 90° off between the Venture and V-Max. Big time, in a bad place. They had to constantly wash the bottom of the hybrid Venture Royal because it was always up in the air and showing :lol:

Alan
Was that the old Venture (early 80's) or the new Venture?

There are several of those bikes around. They are affectionately known as Venture SS's or Venture R/Ts for the Mopar guys. The biggest problem was the air box as the carbs sit higher on the VMax thanks to the VBoost system. Many of the Venture SS/RTs run without their fake gas tank lid. Others have modified the airbox to retain a very stock look. One owner has been campaigning one at a local CA drag strip and has been very successful with times in the low 12's IIRC. The 83'-85' bikes are a little quicker because they can detach the bags. The '86-'93 bikes have to run in their fully adorned touring glory.

They usually sport VMax pumpkins instead of the Venture rears for drag purposes, but they are brutally fast on the top end when left with the Venture rear end.

I have had the opportunity to ride one at close to 140mph. On a touring bike gets a little scary with all of the various air currents created by the bags and trunk. Most of the action is lateral buffeting. The Venture fairing does a wonderful job of keeping the thing down on the pavement but its a choppy ride. I think removing the trunk would solve 80% of the problem. Roll ons were a blast.

The VMax and early Ventures are very similiar. Remember, the Venture is the VMax's daddy. Most engine parts are the same for the 1200 Ventures and the VMaxes save the carbs, cams, heads and CDI. Some Venture owners often go the cheap route and swap VMax heads, induction and CDI onto the Venture motor and enjoy the same fun as a full engine swap.

It was the older Venture.

Actually, the Venture moved along pretty well but it ground hard parts kinda quickly. My friend had a Venture and it was fun to follow him at night -- he couldn't have done better with a box of sparklers tied to his side cases and pipes.

There were too many hardware, software and spark box issues to graft V-Max parts onto the Venture motor so they decided to take the *easy way* out and do a motor swap. I believe the swap cost as much as a new Venture did.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
Kermit the Frog Green I have heard with yellow accents (seat. etc.). I kinda John Deere agricultural look. there will alos be a PTO to run a large lawnmower or a roto-tiller attachment to help talk your SO into the purchase as a more practicle appliance instead of just a time-warping grin-inducing recreational vehicle.

Kermit the Frog Green I have heard with yellow accents (seat. etc.). I kinda John Deere agricultural look. there will alos be a PTO to run a large lawnmower or a roto-tiller attachment to help talk your SO into the purchase as a more practicle appliance instead of just a time-warping grin-inducing recreational vehicle.
:haha:

:thumbup: I'll Take 2! :p :p :bleh: :bleh: :p :p