06 Harley color looks like 05 FJR Blue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgfella

Reaction score
While visiting my local Harley dealer for fun, I noticed they had a new color on their bikes. The color seemed like a perfect match for the 05 Galaxy Blue. They call it Deep Cobalt Pearl.

Ultra Classic, SELECT Deep Cobalt

Since now is the season for bike shows, I thought everyone could check it out and see it they agree.

Maybe now we can get better access to touch up paints and such.

Yep, I agree.

That's one butt-ugly shade of a butt-ugly color.
If you want to be an "in-duh-visual" you have to get the most unique color. and then buy all the Harley clothing so you are so much the in-duh-visual person. At least they are not driving mini-vans :lol:

I think Harley also copied the engine right from the Star line.

Roadliner_engine.jpg

Hey, the chrome is even the same color! :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
The H-D page sure loads slow...are they managing the expectations of their potential buyers??? Giving them a little free taste of the performance of their bikes. Hmmm.... :tease:

I think Harley also copied the engine right from the Star line.
Roadliner_engine.jpg

Hey, the chrome is even the same color! :haha:
I think the copy thing is the other way. Big twin designers sure go a long way to capture that Harley Big Twin look. Many times, while riding my Warrior, I would se an obvious approaching Harley, and occaisionally that "Harley" would turn out to be another Warrior. Unless I could see the right side of a stock Warrior and see that gigantic water heater of a muffler.

A friend of mine calls every H-D the "Gynoglide"....

'Cuz if your ride one, you are either looking for pussy, have a pussy or are a pussy!

I think that's damned funny.

A friend of mine calls every H-D the "Gynoglide"....
'Cuz if your ride one, you are either looking for pussy, have a pussy or are a pussy!

I think that's damned funny.
:haha:

The same color? That's about the only similarity between the two bikes.....besides, who in their right mind would want a HARLEY? Unless you're just bound and determined not only to be ripped off, but to surround your self with a new circle of friends,,,,ie, mechanics, service writers, guys behind the parts desk, etc...

Go to Specs & Pricing..........See the MSRP of $19,775. Well most of the HD dealers have conspired between one another to ripp everyone off by adding an addition $5,000 on top, as to fund that new multi million dollar dealership they built......making the bike $24,795!!!! I wouldn't give ya $10,000 for that junk pile of steel!!!!! I don't need a bike that is more comfortable sitting in the garage being admired or broken down on the side of the road than it is riding, nor do I need to make new friends like that.......

Less than 20% of the H-D dealers are charging “premium” pricing anymore. Most dealers have to compete in a saturated market through finance deals, P&A give-a-ways, etc. to move product. They have come up with the ridiculously expensive CVO line to extract every last dime from the RUB poseurs, but more power to them! With a margin of 35% to 40% you see why H-D is a cash cow.

I honestly see fewer H-Ds down by the side of the road anymore. I think most of the new “owners” are keeping their scooters safe and sound in the garage. They only bring them out sparingly and I would expect that even H-D should be able to keep the parts from breaking or falling off when you only ride 1K or so miles per year. One only need to take a look at the classifieds to see the absolute glut of bar and shield product on the market with average mileages only in the hundreds per annum.

And never doubt H-D! They are flat out the best marketers on the planet. They listen to their customers and don’t stray far from their strengths. Their last foray into uncharted waters led to the VRSC and they are doing their best to keep it afloat. But as you see for ’06 their focus is on their bread and butter air cooled bikes. That’s were the cash is. They have little or no R&D expenses in the entire Dyna/Touring/Sportster/Softtail lines other than a stroll to the parts bin to slap a new chrome doohickey on them. Move them out the door and the bottom line just gets better and better.

They have little or no R&D expenses in the entire Dyna/Touring/Sportster/Softtail lines other than a stroll to the parts bin to slap a new chrome doohickey on them.
I hate to disagree with you, but HD ain't no cash cow....or their stock wouldn't be dead in the water..

I do agree with you about NO R&D cost as HD has DONE NOTHING to improve their engine's performance or Mileage in years. My sister's boyfriend let me ride his new RoadKing and everything seemed ok until I tried to accelerate it...but, IT WOULDN'T GO! I thought maybe it was only running on ONE cylinder or something....a couple of miles later I figured out the bike was running fine, but it was just SLOWER THAN MOLASIS......It was evident that HD's single purpose is to haul some out of shape 400-500 lb fat fuker who's afraid of going too fast, thus falling off and not being able to get back up, back & forth from his house to some beer joint or pool haul down the street.

HD is an overpriced , functionally out of date , worthless piece of machinery......

P.S. called 2 HD dealers here in Texas before I posted this....both wanted $2800 over the MSRP of $19795 ($22,595) for the Ultra Classis.... I wouldn't pay $10,000 for one of em, much less $19K.....No wonder HD's stock has gone nowhere since 2000. You ought to be able to pick em up all day long for around $18,000...

I say let em starve in their new fancy $ 5-10 Million dollar dealerships....

The H-D page sure loads slow...are they managing the expectations of their potential buyers??? Giving them a little free taste of the performance of their bikes. Hmmm.... :tease:
That and when their not standing around at all the HD stealerships BS'ing, their at home in front of their computers BS'ing and sucking up bandwidth. Magpies the lot of 'em.

Also worthy of note is there is also an accessory on that site called the 'Ultra Side car, the mother of all accessories' to go with the 'Ultra Classic Electra Glide', I could not agree more. That is just brilliant engineering foresight from HD. Nothing like having an extra spot to bring a buddy along for the long push home. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, $14.9K for a side car!!! And a shitty one at that! You can get a loaded Hannigan Astro for $8-$9K. A Hannigan Classic(better than the H-D licensed piece) for $4K. That's why the kids from Beertown have a cash cow on their hands. These are Hannigan's prices that they are making a profit at! Imagine the margin on the H-D! It must be 300%-400%! Just like printing money! :beach:

Damn, $14.9K for a side car!!! And a shitty one at that! You can get a loaded Hannigan Astro for $8-$9K. A Hannigan Classic(better than the H-D licensed piece) for $4K. That's why the kids from Beertown have a cash cow on their hands. These are Hannigan's prices that they are making a profit at! Imagine the margin on the H-D! It must be 300%-400%! Just like printing money! :beach:
It's the American way,,,,,,screw enough people out of enough money without pissing em off and....

They'll make you PRESIDENT.....

Umm lemee think here for a minute, $14.9K in the pot to play with:

The Ultra Side Car, the mother of all accessories

w_siultratle_xs_dom_c01.jpg

Available with only the smallest amount of negotiation

06FJR1300A_silver_1.jpg

And this one is only $11,599

06YZFR1_se_1sized.jpg

Even this one at $14,995 is in the range

img2,577_7,339.jpg

This could go on all day.

I know it's all about taste, but heck who could like the taste of Preperation H that much?

Well, I have a HD and an FJR. Like 'em both alot and its really funny though that when I'm on the FJR not many Harley riders wave back! :headbonk:

Some of the HD riders BTW can actually ride and very well. These guys are the real old school riders. Its this new breed of badass wannabe that makes me laugh. And it seems that the FJR riders are extremely good riders. Just owning an FJR puts you in a fraternity of classy well schooled riders for sure! :D

So the big question is: If I had to sell one which would it be?

Well right now I'm not faced with a decision like that thank God. Its like choosing a child to give away! I will keep 'em both.

This sidecar is $4K from Hannigan. The profit margin on the H-D unit has got to be astronomical! Do you think the Beertown faithful would buy a piece of Willie G.'s poop as long as it was embossed with the bar and shield logo of the Motor Company???

classicbig.jpg

This sidecar is $4K from Hannigan. The profit margin on the H-D unit has got to be astronomical! Do you think the Beertown faithful would buy a piece of Willie G.'s poop as long as it was embossed with the bar and shield logo of the Motor Company???
Only if it were chromed. :eek: