06 Harley color looks like 05 FJR Blue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'know, this:

classicbig.jpg

is a very classic, "old school" looking rig, but can you imagine

A- How slow this thing is, and

B- How it must handle

YIKES!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Actually TDub'ya, the U is avail with a drive for both rear wheels on the sidecar version, and I guess they'll go through some real shit.

Actually TDub'ya, the U is avail with a drive for both rear wheels on the sidecar version, and I guess they'll go through some real shit.
Yeah, I know. They had a pretty cool looped video at the show demonstrating it's capability. They showed the army model busting new trails in fairly deep, snow covered woods. Impressive. Course, I don't see much snow 'round these parts...

Well, I have a HD and an FJR. Like 'em both alot and its really funny though that when I'm on the FJR not many Harley riders wave back! :headbonk:
Some of the HD riders BTW can actually ride and very well. These guys are the real old school riders. Its this new breed of badass wannabe that makes me laugh. And it seems that the FJR riders are extremely good riders. Just owning an FJR puts you in a fraternity of classy well schooled riders for sure! :D

So the big question is: If I had to sell one which would it be?

Well right now I'm not faced with a decision like that thank God. Its like choosing a child to give away! I will keep 'em both.
I know which one you'd sell......if you wanted any money, you'd sell the FJR!!!

Give it some thought......You'd probably lose more money if you had to sell your new HD than you paid for the FJR!!!! That what makes buying an HD so economically ridiculous..........Here in Texas the salesman told me that buying a HD was more like an investment and don't worry about the price... I told if I wanted to investment in something, I'd buy Coca-Cola stock, not pay $23,000 goddamn dollars for a $18,000 (MSRP) motorcycle, that isn’t even worth that! Cause, if I drove it home and tried to sell it tomorrow, I'd be hard pressed to find someone to give me $ 15- 16K for it.....Maybe he was talking about what a good investment it'd be for him and the dude who owned the Dealership if I was foolish enough to pay that for a HD!

Yesterday's HDI stock closed at $54.080 USD. That is not too far from an all time high. I dont understand the earlier statement of the stock not doing well. HD is a good company and doing well. To the gentlemen dedicated to criticising the company "who cares what others ride".

I have never owned a bike that is more fun to ride than my FJR.

To the Minnesota guy, I really like your signature quote about the match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday's HDI stock closed at $54.080 USD. That is not too far from an all time high. I dont understand the earlier statement of the stock not doing well. HD is a good company and doing well. To the gentlemen dedicated to criticising the company "who cares what others ride".

When I sold my HD stock back in Sept of 04 it was $62.00......I'd say $54/share a YEAR AND A HALF later, definately not doing well.. Especially for 05 which is the best market we've had since numbnuts got elected...

P.S. I highly suggest you don't do you own investing!!

Earlier this year the stock guru's were blasting HD stock especially after they announced their cutback in production and their build-up of inventory in the pipeline to dealers - seems that they were shipping more units than they were selling i.e.-being registered (this time frame was around the 1st qtr of 05) and that had been going on for several quarters. Explains why the majority of HD dealers are now selling at MSRP (lower in some markets). Wish I had kept the Wall Street article for all the details.

When I sold my HD stock back in Sept of 04 it was $62.00......I'd say $54/share a YEAR AND A HALF later, definately not doing well..

I should have elaborated. I bought stock about six years ago at around 30. You are correct, it did go up into the 60's, but an open mind will allow one to take a more global look at the stock and it is performing quite well. If that Eight bucks hurt you, you might seek investment advice.

I've had 75 bikes over the years starting with a Honda Cub 50 through various Gold Wings, including 2 GL1800s and an '03 FJR, 2 Ducatis, various BMWs and 1 H-D BT. Of all those bikes my personal favorite was and is my '04 1200R Sportster. She has provided more smiles per mile than anything else including the ultra fast ZX12R Kaw I had.

It all depends on what one likes, but bad mouthing H-Ds: well to each his own but the Milwaukee boys still seem to be laughing all the way to the bank. I'm not the "typical" Hardlee rider as I sure look funny compared to the "faithdul" when I ride up in a full faced Shoei, Belstaff jacket etcetc...no vests or bandanas for me. However I do think it highly probable that my somewhat modified 1200R (mostly by totally replacing the suspension with Progressive parts) will leave the vast majority of the "true believers" way behind as they profile around. However, again...to each his own.

Now if my new '06 FJR would ever get here, along with Spring, life will be good! DFO ;)

Split adjusted H-D stock has been hard to beat, a virtual rocket ride in the 90's. Price is down recently as growth prospects are dimming somewhat, and production has slightly exceeded demand. H-D is very serious about trying to balance supply with demand. When H-D's were supply constrained the dealers were making off with the extra cash in the form of premium pricing. By increasing supply H-D has brought most dealers into MSRP pricing and is bringing the cash into the corporate coffers. But they are now right at the tipping point. An interesting business case for young students.

As much as I needle the H-D kids, I do consider them the proxy for the entire motorcycle industry. I look forward to the dealer surveys, filings, etc. to see just what is going on in the industry. If H-D catches a cold it is definitely not good for the entire industry.

:greedy:

Well said. Harley-Davidson is the world's most profitable motorcycle company and reported a 16% rise in third-quarter record earnings. During the last quarter, our report said revenue increased over Nine percent to $1.43 billion! Fellas, that translates to a big demand for it's bikes.

It is so very popular to piss on these things and make fun of the riders but it must be some type of penis envy. They are cool bikes and the company should be very proud of it's current status.

Split adjusted H-D stock has been hard to beat, a virtual rocket ride in the 90's. Price is down recently as growth prospects are dimming somewhat, and production has slightly exceeded demand. H-D is very serious about trying to balance supply with demand. When H-D's were supply constrained the dealers were making off with the extra cash in the form of premium pricing. By increasing supply H-D has brought most dealers into MSRP pricing and is bringing the cash into the corporate coffers. But they are now right at the tipping point. An interesting business case for young students.
As much as I needle the H-D kids, I do consider them the proxy for the entire motorcycle industry. I look forward to the dealer surveys, filings, etc. to see just what is going on in the industry. If H-D catches a cold it is definitely not good for the entire industry.

:greedy:
What a stock did in the last Century doesn't have much to do with the price of beans. Besides HDI dropped below 45 in the 1st week of Oct 05......The same price it was in early 2001! Yea, some great stock!!!

An NO HDI has reigned-in their money grubbing greedy-ass dealers....In truth, HDI's dealers are OUT OF CONTROL. HDI’s control anyway, whereas, foreign manufacture’s contracts with American Franchise dealers limit the max the dealer can sell a bike for to MSRP!!! That's what I call protecting your investors, not to mention your loyal customers.....HDI has no pricing guidlines......To prove a point, I just this week, called 2 HD dealerships here in Texas to get a quote on a UltraGlide...Both were almost $3,000 over MSRP. I call the price fixing....Unfortunately in Texas, they don't care......After all, down here, if you can screw enough people out of enough money, they'll elect you Governor and name highways after ya.....

And HDI being a proxy for the whole industry? BWWHAAAAAAAAHAAHHWHHAAAAAAA

During the last quarter, our report said revenue increased over Nine percent to $1.43 billion! Fellas, that translates to a big demand for it's bikes.
Big demand for jeans, jackets, ashtrays, etc. etc. :D

prove a point, I just this week, called 2 HD dealerships here in Texas to get a quote on a UltraGlide...Both were almost $3,000 over MSRP. I call the price fixing....Unfortunately in Texas, they don't care......After all, down here, if you can screw enough people out of enough money, they'll elect you Governor and name highways after ya.....
PM me - I've got at least 2 dealers in the DFW area that will sell you at MSRP or at least within $500 of it. They might not quote you that on the phone but if you walked in and said "here is a check" you'll get it. A buddy back from Iraq just got an Ultra for list - saved closer to $4k by traveling 20 miles from one side of the metroplex to another at my recomendation.

He unfortunately didn't pass any of that savings on to me though.... :dribble:

To the redneck, it's the penis thing, isn't it? Relax, they are still not as much fun to ride as our FJRs. But name another brand of bike where selling at MSRP is considered a weakening product.

To the redneck, it's the penis thing, isn't it? Relax, they are still not as much fun to ride as our FJRs. But  name another brand of bike where selling at MSRP is considered a weakening product.
[SIZE=14pt]-2 [/SIZE]

When you get really excited at paying list! Imagine telling someone "Hey I paid MSRP for my new Suburban!"

I've got at least 2 dealers in the DFW area that will sell you at MSRP or at least within $500 of it

You suggested the Dealer is coming down to MSRP. See the difference? Now get back there and adjust that score, or whatever that is.

prove a point, I just this week, called 2 HD dealerships here in Texas to get a quote on a UltraGlide...Both were almost $3,000 over MSRP. I call the price fixing....Unfortunately in Texas, they don't care......After all, down here, if you can screw enough people out of enough money,  they'll elect you Governor and name highways after ya.....
PM me - I've got at least 2 dealers in the DFW area that will sell you at MSRP or at least within $500 of it. They might not quote you that on the phone but if you walked in and said "here is a check" you'll get it. A buddy back from Iraq just got an Ultra for list - saved closer to $4k by traveling 20 miles from one side of the metroplex to another at my recomendation.

He unfortunately didn't pass any of that savings on to me though.... :dribble:
Well, that shows you while HD claims everything is great in Harleyland, just how desperate they are.....BUt I'm not that desperate or crazy to play their idiotic games....I got 2,000 of my FJR without having to leave my office, muchles driving all over town haggling with some HD salesguy...Besides, who in their right mind would want an HD even at invoice? Once the dealer gets his teeth in ya, they'll objective is to drain you wallet dry.....Besides that, HDs are slow, overpriced, functionally out of date, drive like tank. And after you taken a ride of any distance, the cost and hassel of having to replace all the parts that vibrated off, makes the time it comsumes out of your life like having a baby.

You'd have to be nuts to buy a Harley. Of course, you'd have be even more nuts to go to Iraq..

If your serious about purchasing an '06 product from the Motor Company your best bet is to wait a few months and then check out Cycletrader, your local newspapers, etc. for units that have been trailered home, maybe made it to the bar once or twice and then spent the rest of its life in the garage. There are hundreds of H-Ds for sale with less than 1K miles with boatlaods of Motor Company licensed chrome accessories at prices below retail for just the bike.

I know its anecdotal evidence but dealer surveys report the phenomenon and searching online sites with keywords like "Harley", "invested" yields hundreds of hits for bikes claiming $25K, $30K, $35K and up invested and the owners wiling to part with them for 60 cents on the dollar.