06 mileage after Barbarian jumper mod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovaFlyer

Reaction score
Hello folks.

Finished a full weekend of riding that encompassed just about everything: solo riping, two up touring and around town stuff. The average for the weekend was 20km/l which works out to 47 miles/US gallon. This is pretty darn close to what I was getting before.

FYI

Nova

47 miles per gallon!? Do you know what the right hand is for? It's called the throttle! Give it a twist every once in awhile :D

Next!

47 miles per gallon!? Do you know what the right hand is for? It's called the throttle! Give it a twist every once in awhile :D
Next!
Uhmmmmm.....it could also be that since he lives in Canada he's allowed by the government to purchase real gasoline rather than the oxygenated, 3/4 power, watered down version of petroleum products available to us here in the People's Republic of Environmental Activists (as with others who live in major metropolitan complexes).

I've noticed that once out of state, when I fill my tank, my mileage increases from the 38-40 mpg (in California) to 46-48 mpg. My riding style doesn't change much, so it must be the gasoline.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've notices that once out of state, when I fill my tank, my mileage increases from the 38-40 mpg (in California) to 46-48 mpg. My riding style doesn't change much, so it must be the gasoline.
Does that mean when I am in California I will get to pay a lot more to get a lot less? Sounds good, I thought I was going to have to go all the way to Paris to find those kind of opportunities. :clapping:

Does that mean when I am in California I will get to pay a lot more to get a lot less? Sounds good, I thought I was going to have to go all the way to Paris to find those kind of opportunities. :clapping:
All this time you thought "Golden State" referred to the color of the hills when the grassland turned colors in the summer rather than the filling of the politicians pockets? How do you think they can afford to "give" us so much for "free"? :D

Its also why I take every opportunity to fill my tank in Nevada when I ride over the Sierras.

All this time you thought "Golden State" referred to the color of the hills when the grassland turned colors in the summer rather than the filling of the politicians pockets? How do you think they can afford to "give" us so much for "free"? :D

Its also why I take every opportunity to fill my tank in Nevada when I ride over the Sierras.
don't think that NV doesn't oxygenate their fuel. From something like October through May or so - Reno and Carson City are required to use oxygenated fuels due to air pollution. I think Vegas has to always use them. That said - most of the smaller stations are going to get deliveries off the same truck.

also remember that a gallon is not a gallon. is the canadian version reading imperial gallons? or have i been out of school WAAAAYYY too long?

was in vancouver twice in the past week, and all i can say is that buying one's petrol by the liter is even more expensive than buying gallons in the US.

i seem to average around 42 on longer trips, and around 30 when i am enjoying my wright wrist....

cheers.

shu

<lol>

Don't worry folks ... That mileage was a 'mix' of 2 up touring and solo antics that would cause the LEO's to haul your butt into jail. The secret is being smooth and not driving like some half cocked squid.

Then again ..... Sometimes you just need to slow down and see the scenery.

Anyways .. It was just a FYI using my indicated average 20km/litre display and this conversion site: Mileage conversions

Next!
Uhmmmmm.....it could also be that since he lives in Canada he's allowed by the government to purchase real gasoline rather than the oxygenated, 3/4 power, watered down version of petroleum products available to us here in the People's Republic of Environmental Activists (as with others who live in major metropolitan complexes).

I've noticed that once out of state, when I fill my tank, my mileage increases from the 38-40 mpg (in California) to 46-48 mpg. My riding style doesn't change much, so it must be the gasoline.
DING DING DING DING! We have a winner!

Same situation here in Dallas. Crap gas = 40 mpg tops for me so far.

My stock '04 FJR gets 49-50mpg almost all the time. 60 mi to work around the Hotlanta beltway at steady 80mph. Changed to iridium plugs at 18kmi and 23kmi now & as smooth as silk. Did the throttle body sync at 600mi & it's so smooth, I can't make myself do it again. Rear Stone lasted 13,500mi & front lasted a little over 21,000mi. Stones again for me. It'll "go fast" & I do from time to time but the twist of the wrist is smooth. It's a real work horse but what can I say, at almost 200lbs lighter my '02 S3T BUell is more fun in the mountains...Later,,, De :rolleyes: