06 Sliders from Bike Jonny

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see sliders for the 2006 at this site. I only saw products that had additonal mounts ect - but the 06 has two exposed bolts that should make the mounting of the sliders easier and cheaper.

Guess I'll keep looking.

More expensive than repair to fairings and bags??

A possible choice (depending on speed of delivery) to consider in the absence of any other alternatives

has anybody bought the FJR goodies Tip over guards? They are way cheaper but no one ever says anything about them. Is there an issue with the quality or something that I don't know about.

:(

Doesn't 59 pounds (about $103) seem a bit expensive for this?
John
I remember back in the day...when I was gettin' stuff for my old '05, that there was a group buy for Moko sliders thru Wild Hair Accessories, I believe...so long ago!

We felt lucky to get 'em for about $150 IIRC.

If '06's truly don't need brackets for the sliders, then keep up with skyway's deal:

Skyway's Sliders

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't 59 pounds (about $103) seem a bit expensive for this?
John
50.21 pounds plus shipping. 'Mericans don't have to pay VAT (tax). Yep, more expensive that Skyway's parts.

DFP, TOG's are OK if you dump it in your garage, but in a get off, you'd be better off with Sliders... as in FRAME SLIDERS. Guess the idea is to protect your frame from damage with the thing going along the pavement. However, it seems to me that most of those who have reported get offs have ended up with bikes being totalled anyway. Of course to me that would be a good opportunity to buy the bike back cheap and fix it up again. Right Smitty?!

My "Crash Bobbins" (and FJROWNERS.COM polo shirt) came yesterday from the UK. They are VERY beefy, just like the MOKO sliders I have on my '04. I'm sure Skyway's are going to be every bit as good, cheaper, and available in plastic or aluminum.

Now all I need is the bike... and more farkles.

BTW, took a week for the sliders to get to Indiana from the UK.