06AE FJR for $10,600?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberwolf

Reaction score
Have a question. What would you guys pay for a brand new never titled and no mileage FJR AE? The dealer I am looking at has it for 10,600. Also they got this bike from another dealership that closed down and this is one of the bikes they had in their inventory. I plan on going by the dealer to talk to them on Saturday but wanted some opinions from you guys before I go.

Thanks again

Have a question. What would you guys pay for a brand new never titled and no mileage FJR AE? The dealer I am looking at has it for 10,600. Also they got this bike from another dealership that closed down and this is one of the bikes they had in their inventory. I plan on going by the dealer to talk to them on Saturday but wanted some opinions from you guys before I go.

Thanks again
Crossbay Motorsports, Bayshore, NY dealer has new '07 AE listed in inventory for $8999.

Timberwolf

Brand new - zero miles for a 4 year old model?

1. Make sure all the recalls have been performed!

2. Insist that the dealer flushes out the brake fluid, not just suck out the reservoir and refill.

3. Insist that the dealer do the same for the hydraulic clutch - by the book. That involves dropping the swing arm, dropping the clutch side cover and place an indicator on the clutch pack to measure throw. With the swing arm removed the mechanic now has access to the manual actuator on the clutch master cylinder. You want be sure that the hydraulic fluids on the bike have been flushed out completely. That bike was probably built late 2005 or early 2006, you don't want the old stuff in the system.

Mechanically the bike is just as good as a brand new FJR, but the resale value is a bit lower.

If the dealer will do this and still offer the factory warranty, I'd say GO FOR IT
yahoo.gif

Stick with us on this forum and you will learn how to maintain the beast.

smile.gif

Brodie

Thanks again

You never said what year it is. I purchased a new 08 AE in May for $10,500 and thought that was a good deal for a new bike. Are you aware the AE is no longer produced,they did not sell well that is why there are still new ones around. The AE is a very different bike and takes some getting use to. Unless you have a good reason why you want an AE, like I do because of an injury to my foot, you may want to ride one before you buy one. Also be aware that these bikes have been sitting for several years and the clutch plates may have dried out like my was and it will not shift well both up & down.If this happens the dealer will need to remove the clutch plates and soak them in oil over night to resolve this issue they will not improve on their own with use.

Thank you all for the info and advice. I currently own a 04 FJR and I like a lot of the upgrades to the Gen II bikes. I have had the chance to ride the AE and liked it very much. But I was thinking if I could get a good deal on it and keep payments low I would go for it.

You never said what year it is. I purchased a new 08 AE in May for $10,500 and thought that was a good deal for a new bike. Are you aware the AE is no longer produced,they did not sell well that is why there are still new ones around. The AE is a very different bike and takes some getting use to. Unless you have a good reason why you want an AE, like I do because of an injury to my foot, you may want to ride one before you buy one. Also be aware that these bikes have been sitting for several years and the clutch plates may have dried out like my was and it will not shift well both up & down.If this happens the dealer will need to remove the clutch plates and soak them in oil over night to resolve this issue they will not improve on their own with use.
Title lists it as a 2006.

I disagree with the test ride theory of an AE. It takes far more than a local test ride to adjust to the AE. A short test ride would have confused me more than confirmed my choice.

The AE is also not a "very" different bike. Other than slow speed handling, where dragging the back brake replaces clutch feathering.

I would not pay that price for a 5 model years past bike. I would "guestimate" it's street value at sub 9K.

I bought my "in the crate" '06 AE in Jan of 08 for $9500 Canadian, about $10,500 OTD. You can certainly do better than the price the dealer is quoting.

Listen to Brodie on the stuff to do... also have them verify the VIN and check the clutch actuator... the low numbers from 06 need a fix that beefs up the actuator mounting.

If they aren't willing to go down in price on a 4-yr left back model, I'd probably walk. There are lots of newer bikes at good prices these days.

Griff

IMO way too much money for an almost FIVE year old bike - Once you put a plate on it that's what it is no matter that it was brand new . . . as others have said you can get brand new, newer bikes for less AND the AE was a non-starter - there's unsold inventory around in every year.

Inventory purchased from another dealer may also have no factory warranty - and aftermarket warranties are not the same.

Then there's the matter of five year old rubber, hoses, fluids, battery, seals and so on.

In 2006 D&H was selling these for $12,500 - NADA says that 'high retail' is $8880 - admittedly 'used', which means without warranty).

If it were me, I'd pass and find a GEN II model with low miles - say below 5K. Also of note, I just bought one that way and got a very good deal. I was not a member of a local credit union here (Sharefax), but after the purchase - and financing - I most definitely am!

I was able to get 4.5% on a "used" bike.

You said your goal was low payments. Find a GREAT gently used bike and shop rates to get you where you want to be. Again - YOU shop the rates, THEN apply. Some dealerships will shop a buyer to many banks and that racks up inquiries on your credit record fast. So, find the bike you want, get a great rate, then go ride and have fun!

Beechmont Motorsports (in Cincinnati) at (513) 752-0088 has I believe a couple or three AE's - 09 and 10's I think - for about 10.1K. Ask for Chuck and mention my name - John Noland - and ask about them. I recently bought my 07 AE there. And no, I do not receive ANY TYPE of compensation there, nor am I affiliated with them save for being a customer. One of two great dealerships in this area.

The other is Florence (KY) Honda*Suzuki*Kawasaki at (859) 371-1212. Ask for Doug (extension 118 I believe). He has a beautiful black Kawasaki Concourse if you're considering that bike too. I do not know the price, but I know that Kawasaki is discounting.

Both dealerships and Chuck and Doug are great. No compensation with the Florence dealership either. Just trying to give a heads-up to two great dealerships here I know and would recommend.

A brand new 2007 FJR AE went on eBay in August for $7200 from a dealer in Michigan.

A brand new 2010 FJR AE was selling for 11500 "out the door" at my local dealer.

For brand new 2006, I would not pay more than $8500 out the door.

I bought my 2007 with 6k miles and lots of farkels for $7100.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my new 07AE a few months back for $8999 plus tax, title and tag. There are deals to be had out there. My local dealership had the same bike but would not come off the $13k price tag. They just closed their doors for good.

Thanks again
Too much I purchased an 06A from a private owner with zero miles (long story) for much less. I wouldn't pay more than $8k for this bike. Make sure the fluids are changed and all the recalls are done as well.

A brand new 2010 FJR AE was selling for 11500 "out the door" at my local dealer.
May want to check that. Don't think they made a 2010 AE.

And T-Wolf, I personally wouldn't pay a penny more than $9000 out the door for a brand new '06.

Last edited by a moderator:
May want to check that. Don't think they made a 2010 AE.

And T-Wolf, I personally wouldn't pay a penny more than $9000 out the door for a brand new '06.
I personally sat on the AE I mentioned, and I know someone who just bought a new AE. I never asked him what year...I assumed he bought a 2010. But it appears your right...I dont see any 2010 AE's and I question what I sat on in the showroom.

Thanks again
Crossbay Motorsports, Bayshore, NY dealer has new '07 AE listed in inventory for $8999.

OUCH! way too much!!