07's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He doesnt think they will be here on time because the history of the last 4 model years is that they show up a month or more latter than promised.
I'm reserching a new or slighly used 06AE and found a dealers with a used one (700 miles) in Santa Barbara that I'm going to look at tomorrow...they also have two 07A, one sold, one available...

Okay, I did a search. Didn't find an answer. Does anyone know a "date certain" for the arrival of the first '07s?I have a friend who has one ordered (dealer's getting four); but, doesn't know yet when to expect one. Anyone?

Check the "New Member" section and you will see the note that BETNDEUCES left where he said that he took delivery of his new 2007 FJR on Wednesday of this week. He posted pics too. Jabber

Yamaha Australia already have the '07 bikes, I could haave got one on Thursday, however didn't like the stripe in the grey, so I purchased the '06 model.

Interesting. From my brief experience on an '06 AE at WFO this past summer (About 30 miles I think) I felt that the handling of the newer FJR (as compared to my 04) was definitely more stable, but a little slower. Not bad mind you, but a little less sportier. I was VERY impressed with the brakes. Major upgrade from the Gen I ABS system IMHO.
I don't know what could account for the differences in perception about the 'handling' -- but, maybe? two things: one, his old '04 had stock suspension w/the r. shock replaced w/oem and only a fork oil change -- so, tired v/s new? And, two, he'd only ridden w/Metz.s on his '04 -- and, I'd been telling him about better tires like 'Stones "feeling better". Maybe he's finally agreeing w/me? :yahoo:

He said he liked the brakes, also -- but, with so few miles -- couldn't really comment more about them.

He doesnt think they will be here on time because the history of the last 4 model years is that they show up a month or more latter than promised.
I'm reserching a new or slighly used 06AE and found a dealers with a used one (700 miles) in Santa Barbara that I'm going to look at tomorrow...they also have two 07A, one sold, one available...
According to the guy at Advanced Motorsports in Wichita, the 07's should be in "wide" release this month. The maroon looks great!

Photos...where are the '07 FJR photos?!!
https://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/product...ng/fjr1300a.jsp

2007_FJR1300A_Detail_10_prv_tcm26-143116.jpg

2007_FJR1300A_Detail_13_prv_tcm26-143125.jpg

2007_FJR1300A_Detail_15_prv_tcm26-143131.jpg