09 IBR Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just started reading the report.

BRILLIANT STUFF. And from down here...many thanks for dedicating the report to Davo. To see the photo's of him, to continue reading how much an influence (positive) that he was there....well it's simply heart warming. :drinks:

On a side note.....one of our FarRiders (Australian Long Distance Riders) clocked up a 50CC last week. :clapping:

In Davo's memory, the dream lives on. "It's just a road"

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to thank you for taking the time to allow me to join you on your Ironbutt journey. It was a fantastic read. Being someone who likes to go on what my friends and family think are crazy (500-700 miles) day rides, your report gives me an insight to what it REALLY takes to be considered a LD rider.

Again thanks for writing your report. Heck, even my wife read it with me. :) and said she doesn't think she can support that kind of ride... :( Edit: So go and thank your wife for supporting you on your passion. :)

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the write up; I will have to ride vicariously through you and others like you as you've convinced me that the IBR is better than I could ever be. (But I still feel connected just being in the motorcycling community. Thanks for sharing your experiences so I can get a taste of the feeling you riders must enjoy.) Bravo

Jerry, this has got to be one of the most comprehensive ride reports I've read. I'm impressed by the fact that you're actually able to remember the details !!

Thanks for sharing, Mr. White. Good Stuff !!

Well that made for an entertaining evening of reading. Great report. Really appreciate seeing your routing and bonii as it helped me get inside the strategizing necessary for the IBR. Pretty cool to ride along with you! Thanks!

Craig