• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

10% discount on Russell seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<_<

Curse you all and your tales of comfortable seating!

I'm in also...

Sent in the web order thingy and will call today.

Thanks very much for setting this up!

I talked to Heather today, as the web page ordering thing just wasn't working, so I sent in the order the old fashioned way, via fax. Heather says we are over 50, so figure the 20% off.

But the great news? Production date of 12-30-08, so I get to use my seat for the Texas Hill Country ride in early December, then send the seat pan in. WOOHOO!!! :yahoo:

I've been enjoying mine since last year's group buy. I can easily ride the tank empty with this seat...before I could really only ride 100-150miles before needing to stop.

You will all enjoy this and the 20% discount AGAIN this year is awesome.

Had an Oct 30th build date, they just called today for payment info, it is finished and shipping out this afternoon or tomorrow. Will post a pic when it arrives next week.

I thought this was over on the 4th? If it isn't I would like to get on the wagon and get the discount as well.
See post #92. When I talked to Heather at Russell, she said the cutoff date was 11/10. Even so, it wouldn't hurt to call and see if you can still get in on it.

I thought this was over on the 4th? If it isn't I would like to get on the wagon and get the discount as well.
See post #92. When I talked to Heather at Russell, she said the cutoff date was 11/10. Even so, it wouldn't hurt to call and see if you can still get in on it.
Sorry I didn't go back far enough. I will give her a call and see if I can get in on the tail end of this, I want to do some LDR next year and my butt would appreciate this saddle I'm sure.

Waiting on my Russell Seat. Should be here any day now...

Has any one received their seat yet? If so, Got any Pictures ? Lets see them...

Rummy

Build date 30 Oct, received Friday 14Nov08. Was without seats for four weeks, but worth the wait. My wife and I love it.

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

Tripntx,

Sweet... I ordered the same thing, in all vinyl. Hopefully my wife will like it too.

Well, here it is December, waiting impatiently for my build date, wishing I had the seat installed for an upcoming ride to the Texas Hill Country. Also kicking my own ass for not buying the heated clothing back before Thanksgiving. Just didn't think it get's cold enough in ARK to warrant heated clothing, and forecast for riding out is in the 20's. Time to layer up, again. Ridden in colder, but usually heading home, not out!

How are you guys liking the seat? I've heard lots of good things, just needing confirmation to let go of that money during these times...

How are you guys liking the seat? I've heard lots of good things, just needing confirmation to let go of that money during these times...
I bought mine in last years group buy, so I got a full season riding on it. Once you get the seat broken in and any adjustments made (if necessary) You will not be disappointed. I have looked at the seats that Russell is doing for the 2nd Gens, and to be honest, I think the 1st Gens look to be more comfortable. Especially if you ask them to scoop out the rear of the seat for a deeper pocket, like I ended up doing.

Rode 340 miles last Sunday to North Eastern Louisianna and then returned on Tuesday. Temps were in the mid 50's all day Sunday, and started off Tuesday at 10am with a temp of 39, was 68 by the time I made it home Tuesday evening, and the inexpensive Tourmaster Synergy heated vest with collar did wonders. It works very well set on low heat.

Did 170 to 180 miles each direction before stopping for fuel and latrine break. Russel seat is meeting all my expectations and then some. Would have never been able to ride for 3 hours non-stop on the stock seat. Never had any discomfort or pain from my butt during the trip. You just don't know how bad the stock seat is until you have a Russel built.