• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1973 Honda CB350four for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyahouse

newbs need the forum
Reaction score
I spent the last year and a half rebuilding the top end, carbs and clutch on this beautiful classic Honda for my daughter. However, just before it was completed, she decided to move out to Tacoma, WA. with her hubby. We all agreed that the nasty damp climate was no place to try to store a classic like this. So, it looks like this sad dad will have to sell the Honda to the highest bidder on Craigslist. Thought I might post it here in case anybody was dreaming of one of these things...

My thanks to many of you on this forum that have helped me along as I worked my way through this project.

3700 forum only price. Have receipts totaling over 2500 for the rebuild.

Gary

darksider #44

The first picture was taken as I was working on some leaky O rings...

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-28%20at%204.59.12%20PM.png

IMG_0021_1.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0020_1.jpg
IMG_0023_1.jpg
IMG_0024_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, but unfortunately that's not my retro passion. Now if you know anybody with a clean 81-83 GPz550 they want to get rid of I might give you a finders' fee!

GLWS
punk.gif

Wow, nice work and beautiful bike, Gary. Perfect ride for a trip down memory lane. I won't be buying it, but thanks for the look. GLWS--hope you get top dollar.
Thanks Mike. My daughter used to hide her helmet when she went into Starbucks to study for college. She got bombed with people walking in inquiring about the bike parted outside.

NICE
smile.png
Good luck with the sale. I'll bet it doesn't take long.
Hey Ray,

Hope you're right. I've got a lot of money invested in this thing. Originally did all this for my daughter and wanted it to be a safe reliable ride for her. Sad that her relocation out west is sending this to the want ads.

Very cool, but unfortunately that's not my retro passion. Now if you know anybody with a clean 81-83 GPz550 they want to get rid of I might give you a finders' fee!
GLWS
punk.gif
You west coasters are quick to respond around here. You should see the crowd this little thing drew at Daytona a while back. She's a beauty for sure. Not perfect, but from at least 5 feet away, it looks sweet.

Gary

Wow! A beauty with a petcock for switching to reserve!
Yeah, and it finally works again. Had fits with that petcock since the day we bought it. This time around I ran a drill up in there to spin it by hand to get the crud out of the passageway for the fuel. It's flowing nicely now. Also had a blast getting the gas tank clean. Some moron filled it with KREEM rather than getting out all the rust first. Took me week of soaking and shaking to get it all out and get the tank clean again. Used 3 gallons of plain old vinegar. The acid works slowly, but got the job done nicely after a few days.

Gary

Being in Tacoma, WA I can assure that the nasty, damp climate is not that at all. It would survive nicely here. I have a friend that is the original owner of a 1975 Honda CB400 and it is STILL in pristine condition. He rides it frequently during the summer. Of course, having a garage to keep it in IS a requirement :)

Being in Tacoma, WA I can assure that the nasty, damp climate is not that at all. It would survive nicely here. I have a friend that is the original owner of a 1975 Honda CB400 and it is STILL in pristine condition. He rides it frequently during the summer. Of course, having a garage to keep it in IS a requirement
smile.png
Oh well. There's another issue, probably bigger than my daughter's weather worries. For some reason the clutch is brutally hard to pull. I put a new clutch cable on it, and re-lubed it recently. I had Honda disassemble the clutch and verify that nothing was wrong. Still no answers. My daughter just doesn't have the grip to be able to pull that clutch in over and over again. Makes her hand sore in no time.

Gary

I have a friend with the same bike. He is need of a new petcock (?) - gas on off switch. Is there a website where you picked up the parts you needed for restoration. Thanks.

Wasn't getting any bites from this forum, unless you count droolers and dreamers. So I put it up on Cycle Trader. Fella called me today. We talked for a long time on the phone. He seems like he wants to buy it. Hoping this goes through. Should know in a week or so as he lives up in New York.

Gary