2 Farkels In One Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Today my CB +4+1 shield came and from the same truck came my Tacki handgrips. I only had time for a quick spin so this report is just first impression:

CB - Well, I was tempted to buy a +3+1 and if I rode solo I think it would be better, but 2up the +4 will come in handy. All the way down I get very little air and it doesn't take much upward control of the screen to get the air off of me completely. One the air is completely off of me, going higher just serves to make it even quieter. I am 5'11".

Testing 2up should be interesting. Sherri didn't feel any benefit at all from the stock screen. I am looking forward to testing the shield with her. It won't be long until we have high mileage reporting as we are leaving for Colorado on Monday. I would not use this screen in Sacramento in summer months. Too tall.

Tacki grips: My right hand gets numb on the stock bars even if my hand is open and fingers resting on the brake lever. My short ride yesterday sure isn't the test but I was immediately more comfortable. Some of you are much better at working with rubber than I am...I made the ends ugly. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orangevale,

I too just installed the Taki's. I tackled the throttle side first. I took my time and measured twice and cut once. I was in no hurry. I turned on the dremel and comensed to cutting. the cutting wheel bit into the rubber and zipped too far up on the grip DOH ! Fortunatley, I was able to hide it somewhat for now but will probably get a new set. The clutch side went just fine. I have not given mine the road test yet but I'm looking forward to it. They feel really good in the garage. :D

Orangevale,I too just installed the Taki's. I tackled the throttle side first. I took my time and measured twice and cut once. I was in no hurry. I turned on the dremel and comensed to cutting. the cutting wheel bit into the rubber and zipped too far up on the grip DOH ! Fortunatley, I was able to hide it somewhat for now but will probably get a new set. The clutch side went just fine. I have not given mine the road test yet but I'm looking forward to it. They feel really good in the garage. :D
I wasn't sure which bit to use with the dremel...I used some kind of stone grinder thing that just melted the rubber...dumbshit...should have come searched the forum for the recommended attachment...doh.

Who can get their tackis right the first time?

heh