2000 Yamaha Yz426F Resto Project

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Bought new in 2000. Raced ALOT over the next 10 or so years. About 8 years ago rebuilt the engine, no cost spared. Then discovered FJR's and Candy Butt Association riding. So she sat in the dark corner, all alone, surrounded by street pigs.

But no more! 

Heavy maintenance, some new plastic to put some blue lip stick on, and here she is.. Ready to rock. Almost completed, just a few more small cosmetic pieces. Now she's too purty to get dirty.. 

The best news? I can street license this full on motocrosser. It's old enough....

​

2019-12-XX (multiple days in Dec)

The old 2000 yz426 needed a face lift. About 8 or so years ago, the engine was completely gone through. It has less than 5 hours on it!

I realize the newer bikes are waay more bitchen but this one is paid for, only wrenched on by me, and to me is worthwhile to spend a few $$ for a facelift.

Steering head and bearing maintenance.

x  

x  

x  

x  

Swing arm and linkage maintenance.

x  

x  

New chain guide.

x  

x  

Hey, where's my ass end?

New chain and sprockets.

Check out the tooth stagger for sprocket self-cleaning. My first experience with this type of sprocket.

Better view.

New CS sprocket, washer, nut.

New stickers too!

x  

Oil change. Clean screen.

Need to order new o-rings for filter assembly.

x  

Looking good with new fenders and radiator wings, lower fork leg protectors. New shark fin, slave cylinder plastic ordered too. Not here yet.

Tires are rock hard due to age. Will use them up though.. after all, just cardio training!

Last picture of the good looking bitch!

The end for now..

​

​

Could have taken that for a spin in your back yard DC...not! I'd likely put my eye out with that thing!!

Looking good my friend.

~G

If your following a spot to Don's home,  (Bugs & escapefjrtist last trip) you can see his motorcycle course on his land in the satellite view.

Oh, and nice job Don. Now get after that lawn mower gear box.

db