2003 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLUMBWADER

Reaction score
Hello all. I am purchasing 2003 FJR with 991 miles on the clock. Thats right less than 1000 miles. I dont think Ive ever been so excited to buy and ride a motorcycle in all of my life. Being that its basically been sitting in a garage its entire life, what are some precautiins I should take before I take her out. The battery is brand new and the tires look great but Im leary about trusting them being that theyve been sitting for 15 years. Anyway im wide open to suggestions. Thanks!! BTW its the fastest color-----Silver!

Congrats on buying the Fastest and lightest of all the FJRs!!!

Now ask the P.O. why he sat around instead of going riding? Everything is old and dry and bad. Start with all new fluids, and tires, and lube everything you can find. Listen for any 'ticking'.

I loved my 2003, but it ONLY had 78k before I moved up to a 2013. You got a a lot of catchin' up to do!!!
punk.gif

Echoing 'dodger, begin with tires and fluids. Have you heard the bike run? Check the fuel tank for signs of rust if the bike sat with a less than full tank.

Enjoy your [new] FJR!

~G

Ok well this one fell through but I found an 05 with abs, custom seat, aftermarket exhaust, cee bailey windshield and race tech tuned front end im going to go check out. Ill keep yall posted

Hi everyone!

There were a bunch of minor changes from 2003 to 2004, though both are still "Gen 1" 2005 only differs from 2004 mainly in color.