2005 ABS question (front master cyl leak)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim'sonDFJR

Reaction score
First I've searched around for the answers to the few questions I have; if found the answers, I wouldn't be asking them here.

Since moving to Florida my Gen1 2005 ABS hasn't seen much use. I have recently found a group of riders where I live and have once again started riding on a more regular basis (yea I know enough with the BS).

The problem: the front master cylinder seal(s) have developed a leak. I bought the rebuilding kit and I'm ready to fix the problem.

Q1 Do the Gen1 have a linked ABS system? From what I can determine that only started on the Genll's (2006) ( for my info only)

Q2 All of the references to bleed the ABS brakes indicate that the right front caliper has 2 bleeders; mine only has one (yes it IS an ABS model so please don't say you don't have an ABS model, all of the ABS plumbing is there). I bought this "demo" bike from a dealer so the front calipers were not replaced by a third party with improper parts.

Q3 I'm guessing since the front calipers are the same and the fluid lines both come from the same block it doesn't matter which side I bleed first; correct?

In a few more weeks I'll have been on this forum 10 years! Thanks to the old school guys for all the help over the years.

Tim

Q1.Nope,have not linked ABS system

Q2.The Gen 1 has one bleeder per caliper.

Q3.1st you must bleed the two front calipers,doesn't matter which one first.

and,2nd the rear brake caliper.

Good luck!
smile.png

Latest posts