• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 FJR wanted!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Well guys I am in the hunt for a nice used 05 fjr. Might even go for the faster 04 model. It needs to be well maintained, non ticker, no crashes,drops, no bumps or bruises. Normal chips, wear and tear stuff okay. I am looking to buy in the next 30 days, so if you have a 06 coming in and want to sell your old ride send me a pm. It can be abs or a non-abs, farkled out the ass, or none... It also must be a fairly priced, I am looking for a deal with cash money. It also needs to have a YES warrenty, and have a clear title in hand. I won't have to talk to my wife, or my banker.... let me know what you have.

It would be nice to find something close to the St. Louis area, but willing to travel for the right bike. 5 to 6 hundred miles from St. Louis mo. would work.. I will be listing my Gixxer on ebay this week, so a 30 day window or less is needed.

After riding in Arkansas with all the FJR guy's it makes me want another one. The guys on this board are simply the best... ;)

Thanks Smitty

Last edited by a moderator:
If you take a look at the for sale section you will see that TexasTigress is looking to sell her '05. It seems to meet all of your criteria except proximity to St. Loius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys I am in the hunt for a nice used 05 fjr. Might even go for the faster 04 model. It needs to be well maintained, non ticker, no crashes,drops, no bumps or bruises. Normal chips, wear and tear stuff okay. I am looking to buy in the next 30 days, so if you have a 06 coming in and want to sell your old ride send me a pm. It can be abs or a non-abs, farkled out the ass, or none... It also must be a fairly priced, I am looking for a deal with cash money. It also needs to have a YES warrenty, and have a clear title in hand. I won't have to talk to my wife, or my banker.... let me know what you have.
It would be nice to find something close to the St. Louis area, but willing to travel for the right bike. 5 to 6 hundred miles from St. Louis mo. would work.. I will be listing my Gixxer on ebay this week, so a 30 day window or less is needed.

After riding in Arkansas with all the FJR guy's it makes me want another one. The guys on this board are simply the best... ;)

Thanks Smitty

I'd say welcome back...but you never left. So what was it...the shoulder? Or just the fact that you like to buy/trade motorcycles like I buy chewing gum... :D :D

...notice I didn't say buy/trade chewing gum :D

Man... that was the fastest divorce and reconcilliation I think I've ever seen...

Welcome back...urrr... glad you never left! :rolleyes:

Smitty141....glad your back....(sorry hadn't realized you had left :blink: )....must be old age creeping up on me :dribble: ....glad your back anyhow....

If you take a look at the for sale section you will see that TexasTigress is looking to sell her '05. It seems to meet all of your criteria except proximity to St. Loius.
I'd be checking Southwest flights for this one. Sounds like a great deal. Good luck.

+10 on the bike TexasTigress listed here last night. She's asking a great price for VERY low miles, which would have me flying out and riding it back if I was in the market for a second '05. Wait -- *I* wouldn't have to fly out -- I think she's about 150 miles west of here, in the east SF Bay region. BTW, the weather here is PERFECT now for riding east through the Sierras and Rockies.

Glad you saw the light Smitty, but it seems to me that you ought to keep the Gixxer AND replace your FJR, then stop this nonsense after you get them both fully farkled.