• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 FJR1300 For Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

double_entendre

Reaction score
Hate to sell, but I've put a R1200GSA in the garage and the FJR just doesn't get ridden enough anymore to justify keeping her. I'm starting with an ad here before I go to the world because I got so much help from this forum. Not giving her away, but don't feel like I'm being outrageous in my expectations either. I'm open to a fair offer, but would prefer to have someone pick her up locally or do a fly and ride. I'm pretty close to the Orange County and Long Beach airports.

2005 FJR1300, about 44,697 miles and she's sitting on a trickle charger in the garage. Non-ABS model. I've done a ton of modifications to her and as far as I know everything works unless disclosed otherwise:

GP Suspension re-worked front suspension
Ohlins rear shock (180 pound rider)
Cee Bailey windscreen with spacer to alter the rake angle. Stock windshied included as well
Frame sliders
HID headlamps
Philips HID "Eyes of God" lamps
Voltmeter installed in RH mirror - Switch for the voltmeter is going bad; I'd replace it if I was keeping the bike
FZ1 Mirrors (wider than stock--I have the stock mirrors also)
Brand new Pilot Road 3 tire on the front
Russell leather saddle with passenger part raised a few inches so the wife could see over my helmet
Bar raisers
Extensive electrical gee gaws through a Blue Seas Fuse Block include the HIDs and PHIDs above plus:

• Heat-troller for grip heaters
  • Heat troller for rider's heated jacket
  • Wiring for passenger's heated jacket
  • Magnum Blaster horns
  • Wired for StreetPilot 2620 GPS
  • Audiovox Cruise Control
  • Electrosport High-output Stator
Ram Mount on the clutch master cylinder.
Radiator Guard
Shad SH48 Top Box mounted on Aftermarket rear rack
Rear subframe welded and braced to increase support for the top box
Factory Service Manual with lots of fingerprints on it.

Floating brake rotors are included, but not installed. I bought them here but they pulsed a bit as I pulled up to a stop, so I took them off.

I'm sure there's other things that I've done that are escaping my mind at the moment. I'll modify the ad as they come to mind.

I looked through Cycle Trader online and most of the bikes there are more or less stock and priced just under $6,000. I know I can't recover all of the money I spent in modifications, but I'm not going to give them all away either. Call it $6,500. If you're in California, I just paid the registration, so you're set for almost a year.

The bike has had a couple of parking lot, zero-speed whoopsies, but no crashes at speed. The damage to the one saddlebag lid was because I didn't latch it and rode to work.
fool.gif
I haven't felt aggressive about having it patched and painted.

She's a great bike, runs like a top. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask or to ask for pictures of something in particular.

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4921.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Honest suggestion: Peel off whatever mods and farkles you can and sell them separately. They're generally worthless is a sale.

I also have a 2005 with just over 50,000 miles. I modded my bike like crazy (heated grips, 8 circuit fuse panel, magnum blasters, upgraded fork springs, wilbers shock, russell saddle, garmin 665, satellite radio, go pro camera, new PR2's, brake light modulator, givi 52liter box with led lights that operate with the brakes, luggage rack, passenger backrest, bakup drivers rest, fz1 mirrors, stainless brake lines, headlight guards, rifle windshield, etc). And candidly, i'd be really pleased to get $5500 for my bike. Hell, if i remove just some of the mods and sell them separately, I'll probably clear $1500 or more. Sure...It'll take three days to remove the farkles and rebuild the bike. But that's the only way I can see getting anything close to real value outta her.

All that said, I'm keeping the 05. I'll likely ride her till the wheels fall off.

Good luck with the sale. Baz

Yeah, you're right, I should strip off the farkles but I'm just not ready to do that. I figure someone will come along who wants a turnkey bike and I'm not stuck on six grand. I just kinda looked at Cycle Trader to see where things were and put it there. Hope springs eternal.

Oh. It's got an Electrosport high-output stator as well.
lol.gif

I put thousands of miles on the Electrosport with it driving the HIDs, PHIDS, grip heaters and my jacket liner. Dunno, but no issues for me. FWIW, I am including the OEM stator as well.