• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2006 FJR AE 16K mi $7250

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SebringSilver

Reaction score
As much as I hate to do this, I am selling my 2006 Yamaha FJR AE with only 16,017 miles. I am the second owner; I bought the bike in March of ’08 with 2200 miles. I have meticulously maintained the bike and a Yamaha Master Technician (un4gvn on this Forum, he's the best) has done all service. The bike is in perfect shape and runs strong. I recently bought a sports car and I find myself no longer using her. She needs a good home.

The additional items that come with the bike are:

• PIAA fork mounted driver lights

• Motorcycle Larry highway pegs

• Russell Day Long Touring saddle in full black leather

• Hardwired RAM system for Garmin GPS

• Brand new Michelin PR2 (front still has sticker)

• Dynojet Power Commander III USB professionally installed and mapped

• Tour Performance Heli-bars for added comfort

• Grip Puppies with extra pair

• Throttlemiester cruise control

• Back Off tail Modulator

• Battery tender

• Nelson Riggs half cover

• Lee bailey tall windshield

• Garauld rack for additional luggage

• Rapid Transit magnetic tank bag.

I am not interested at this time in parting out the bike.

I have priced this bike to sell and my hope is someone will appreciate this fine piece of machinery as much as I do.

Title in hand. Cash Only.

No Shipping from Atlanta, you know you want to drive this bad girl home anyway.

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

Guys, this is a clean bike, and last time I saw it the bike had a new tire installed as well.

Thanks man,

I'm gonna miss hearing about your casual 2500 mile weekends.........

I only have 400 miles on that back tire you installed and I still have the new PR2 front that's never been mounted.

IMG_0715.jpg

SOLD....................

Even though I have sold my FJR, I will always appreciate this Forum for the inspiration and knowledge you have shared with me.

THANK YOU.

Sad your very clean bike is gone, but glad you got to share your ownership experience with such a great group! May life treat you well until perhaps you find yourself on two wheels again! :)

I'm the buyer. Having flown to Atlanta, met Brad and bought it. I then rode it home to Chicago, where it replaces my last 06 AE that low sided earlier this season. Brad was a total gentlemen, the bike rode well from Atlanta through Smoky Mountain National Park, the Cherahola, Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway from Smoky Mountains to Roanoke and up through West Virginia on Rte 16 by Haw's Nest through Parkersburg, WV cutting through Ohio on 555 and 550 to Rte 32, then KY 36 to Louisville and I 65 to Chicago. The bike rode great and I had a great time. Here are some pics.

Cherahola

Smoly Mountain National Park

All different spots on the Blue Ridge Parkway

New River in Gauley's Bridge, WV. Just below the end of Gauley Mountain and the Hawk's Nest views of the New River. WV 16, which I thought was one of the most challenging motorcycle roads I can Remember. I am a truly bad photographer using a small point and shoot digital Panasonic. So I'm sorry for not giving better pictures. They just do little to show the beauty of the countryside. I guess those last pictures in West Virginia do nothing to show the beauty and challenge of West Virginia 16 from just north of Bsckly, WV to near Parkersburg. This road has some of everything from steep mountains with 15 MPH switchbacks to tiny unheard of towns and a zillion slanted sharp turns. It made for a great riding day.

Welcome back Gurock. Be sure to copy your post into a ride report. It will get missed here. Looks like a great ride to get acquainted.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the bike.

Seeing those pictures gives me a little sellers remorse.

Good Luck and Thank You for a smooth, professional transaction.