2006 Handle Bar Adjustment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone able to tell me what torque settings are to be used after adjusting the handle bars on the 2006?
I adjusted mine all the way to the rear setting and tighted the bolts just a little tighter that they were when I removed them - I dont have an exact spec - you could ask your dealer.

Anyone able to tell me what torque settings are to be used after adjusting the handle bars on the 2006?
I adjusted mine all the way to the rear setting and tighted the bolts just a little tighter that they were when I removed them - I dont have an exact spec - you could ask your dealer.
I attempted to adjust my bars, but it appears that the threaded bolt that rises up through the handlebar needs to be moved forward or backward to properly align the two pins. How do you slide that bolt?

I just received the 2006 Service Manual today. Here is what Yamaha recommends for torque settings

Handlebar Bolt = 17 ft lb

Handlebar Nut = 47 ft lb

Note: First tighten the bolts, then tighten the nuts. This is straight out of the shop manual.

Hope this helps

Cheers

I attempted to adjust my bars, but it appears that the threaded bolt that rises up through the handlebar needs to be moved forward or backward to properly align the two pins. How do you slide that bolt?

The adjustment is a plate under the steering head with one stud and a threaded hole next to it for each side. The plate is common to both sides ( one Piece ) so BOTH sides of the bars have to be unbolted lifted up and free of the base assy - ( the three locations have pins ) move the plate to the position desired and place the handle bar on the desired pins - the torque spec's are now posted ( Thanks to DurkaDurkaFlipFlop :D ) and reassemble. I layed a bath towel on the fuel tank and two more on each side of the fairing to prevent any scratches while I did this.

Handlebar Nut = 47 ft lb

Last edited by a moderator:

Handlebar Nut = 47 ft lb

Thanks for the information! Have not yet received my new manual so this information really helps.