• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007 FJR 1300A For Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilot2Wheels

Reaction score
I am selling my 2007 FJR 1300A for no other reason than I don't ride her enough. I bought her in October of 2011 from the original owner who lived in Augusta Georgia. My intentions were to ride with my family. However, when my son turned 16 in February of this year, at the urging of my wife, I bought him a Kawasaki KLX250S, and bought myself a Kawasaki KLR650. I bought them in March of this year, and since we ride a lot of forest roads, and other back roads as a family, the FJR gets left in the garage way too often. My wife does not like the idea of him on pavement, so the compromise has been taking us off the black stuff. I really like the FJR, but life doesn't always go the way you expect it too. I really must say though, that I enjoy the adventures we have on the two Dual Sport bikes. I don't have to sell the FJR, and figured I would make a fair price on a great bike to any Forum member or friend of a member first. I have not listed this bike for sale anywhere. If I don't get any interest on her, I may venture to Craigslist, Ebay, or maybe even the COG forum. :eek:

This is a 2007 FJR 1300A with 8,742 miles on it. I will ask $8,499 if it does not sell here, but will offer her for $7,999 to any forum member.

All AD's have been completed, and I just changed the oil and filter today. I use Yamalube SAE10W40 and the OEM Yamaha filter.

The tires are Michelin PR3's installed on 12-23-2011 @ 7,381miles It rides very smooth and balanced with these tires.

I added the Throttlemeister Black/Heavy throttle lock, a Powerlet Garmin GPS power outlet and two ram balls, one on the clutch side of the handlebar where the mirror mount would go, and one on the triple clamp nut. I also added MCL highway pegs, sliders, a tank pad, and a rubber shift sock (keeps the black rubber from marking up your shoes).

There is no damage to this bike, and it has been a garage queen since it left the factory. If you come to see it in person, you will be happy with the condition and cleanliness of this bike. I looked at a lot of FJR's before I bought this one, and many of them were dirty. had rust spots, but not this one. No, it's not new, but it's half the price of a new one :)

I live in Eustis, Florida, and you can call me (Wayne) on my cell at 352-308-6559 or PM me, for an appointment to see her, or to ask other questions. I also have the 6 side covers for the saddlebag attachment points on the bike, and the two soft liners for the saddlebags.

And now what y'all have been waiting for....pictures

Mileage

Right Side

Left Side

Dash

Front

Rear

Highway peg left

Highway peg right

Sad view

Why I'm selling her

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Wayne

Not in the market for another bike but looks like you have it priced very fair. My question where did you get the cover for the FJR and what size?

Cycle Gear has the BILT covers on sale (a week ago anyway). The high end water proof model was $50.00 regularly $110 or $120. The full touring size is needed for an FJR (they have it all on the box).

Wayne,

Sorry to hear that you've had to make this decision. Was hoping to get to ride again with you one of these days, but oh well. We're all pretty busy sometimes it seems. Hope you get it sold soon, and I KNOW that the new owner will be glad he bought it from an honest man. I'd buy it in a second if I were in the market... however, Big Blue said she doesn't want any company in the garage... it's crowded enough in there already.

Wish you all the best, my friend.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Not in the market for another bike but looks like you have it priced very fair. My question where did you get the cover for the FJR and what size?
Cycle Gear. I think I paid $30 for it on sale. May have been $40, I don't really remember now, but it was on sale and not really expensive. I think it was the largest one they had. Well worth the money I paid for it.

Wayne,

Sorry to hear that you've had to make this decision. Was hoping to get to ride again with you one of these days, but oh well. We're all pretty busy sometimes it seems. Hope you get it sold soon, and I KNOW that the new owner will be glad he bought it from an honest man. I'd buy it in a second if I were in the market... however, Big Blue said she doesn't want any company in the garage... it's crowded enough in there already.

Wish you all the best, my friend.

Gary

darksider #44
No sweat Gary, I'm still riding, and bet I can keep up with y'all on my KLR in the twisty's! The long straights may be another matter. I'm still there to go riding with you, it just might be on something other than an FJR. I don't have to sell her, and if I don't get any bites, I just may decide to keep her anyway. I just hate to see the FJR sit under a cover that much. Time will tell...that's part of the adventure of life. Keep me posted when you do ride, and I'll tag along if possible.

Wayne

Wayne,

I wish I was in a better place financially to snap this one up. Cleanest 07 I have seen. Guess I will press on with my Katana for awhile longer.

Good luck with the sale.

Kevin

Great decision, when it comes to family you got to put them first.

There will be a day again when you get on the FJR agian.

Thank you, and you are probably right about getting back on an FJR. My guess is that it will be in about 6 years when my son graduates from college.

I hope I don't regret this, but Sale is pending...

Thank you, and you are probably right about getting back on an FJR. My guess is that it will be in about 6 years when my son graduates from college.

I hope I don't regret this, but Sale is pending...

(Big grin)