2012 SE Ohio Ramble - May 11-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So follow the following address, not the gps idiot box.

Address: 52733 Ohio Ave, Beallsville, OH 43716

Phone: (740) 926-2200
Bealsville Diner has been alerted to our upcoming presence of about 20-25 riders coming in groups of four between roughly 1 and 2 pm.

BTW, since it is a little later lunch, you would be well advised to bring a snack to munch on at one of the morning stops...maybe at the overlook off of 536 which will also be a good photo opp...or so I'm told by Sir Denny of Zanesville (drc32-0).

New tires mounted and back on the bike; There is no better motorcycle drug than a set of fresh sneakers and a road trip on the horizon.

I'm fumbling my way through Spot and Spotwalla now. I'll post a link before we hit the road Friday.

It looks like Designflaw06 & Naskie18 will be trailing UselessPickles and I on the way down Friday. We're departing around 1:30, and hope to catch the "Geeks" at Ironpony. We should be into Caldwell around 7 or so.

Good points mentioned earlier by Mr. Wheaton - It's spring, some of us are rusty, everyone rides at a different level. It's time to enjoy your ride, not someone else's. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Caldwell - have a safe ride in.

If anyone's roommate is splitting out early while they would like to stay an extra day, I've got a free spot in the room on Sunday night. Nick was going to try and get the extra vacation day he needed, but apparently did not. A chance to save some money on one night's stay at least.

I put spooned a new PR2 on the rear last Friday and today I find a screw in it. :angry2: It' sticky string time.

Let me be the first to post up a Spot Link for the trip:

Spot - U turns like a mad man!

I'll be broadcasting live from Friday 8am or so.

Little story about the Spot. After I lost left my Mastercard in Mont Eagle TN in 2010, I was issue a new card and number. Well Spot, being all cable companyish, automatically bills your CC for service unless you cancel it.

Well June of last year rolls around and they attempt to bill my old Mastercard. No go joe. As I didn't travel much last year I didn't bother renewing it.

This year, I want my Spot active. I was dreading calling them. I just know they were gonna ding me for not using it last year, plus the renewal for this year. So I call them talk to the guy in Lousiana and he's telling me I owe the money from the last year, plus I'll be billed again this June. I'm thinking piss on that, I'll sell it before I spend $300 for the privilege of ppl following me.

Then he says "Hey! Your in Sudbury!"

I'm like "Yaaa..."

"I'm from Sudbury! Your on [xxxxx] street, right by the data center!" he says.

Okay, I know he has at least been here.

Next thing he says is "herm... hold on a sec.."

He comes back on the line and says something to the affect that because I didn't use the Spot last year, he's going to extend the current contract out a year to 2013. "You'll only be billed the outstanding amount until NEXT June, so $149 immediately, and then $149 next June".

Gotta like Sudbury natives! He ends the convo with "Have a good day, eh". :D

Yeah, well I will have a spot tracker on as well. Hopefully I will have the spotwalla all figured out as well. I didn't get it worked out the first time I tried in April...

So here's the link:

wheaton rumbles to the Ramble

It should be active Friday morning through Monday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished packing...

2012-05-09212742.jpg

Is it just me, or is the day before you leave for a 'ride' the longest day ever? Here it is, 9am at work and it feels like I've been here for hours.

T-22.5 hrs and counting.

Is it just me, or is the day before you leave for a 'ride' the longest day ever? Here it is, 9am at work and it feels like I've been here for hours.

T-22.5 hrs and counting.
I said the hell with work today. I was going to take off late afternoon and Iron butt it down there and said screw that. I leaving now and going to enjoy a nice two day trip down to Ohio. See ya all tommmorrow afternoon!

T-22.5 hrs and counting.
I said the hell with work today. I was going to take off late afternoon and Iron butt it down there and said screw that. I leaving now and going to enjoy a nice two day trip down to Ohio. See ya all tommmorrow afternoon!
Attaboy, that's the way to do it!

Just finished packing...

2012-05-09212742.jpg
That's it?

Shit - that looks like an appetizer to me.

Speaking of that - bring more of those meatballs, would you?

And, yes, Bungie - the day before is a long day. It's because mentally you're already on vacation, but you're still at work.

T-22.5 hrs and counting.
Wise choice. You'll have a better trip...and be more refreshed to take on two days of absolutely great SE Ohio roads

See you Friday evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just got a text from Steve(flowback). He has cancelled his room and won't be able to make it, due to WORK... :angry: I hate that 4 letter word