2012 SE Ohio Ramble - May 11-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just got a text from Steve(flowback). He has cancelled his room and won't be able to make it, due to WORK... :angry: I hate that 4 letter word

Man....THAT sucks. :angry2:

Hope he is able to have a nice mcy trip another weekend to make up for that crap. I'm sure he is in a foul mood. I know I would be. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I get home and pack up in about 5 hours...then get up at 0445 for a 0530 blast off.
I've been thinking about the ride down all day. Google as it 11hrs and change. I can usually beat or equal Google estimates. But 3 fillups, a border crossing and some lunch are gonna add about 2.5 hrs to that time. Which would put me in Caldwell around 10-11pm if I leave at 8am. So I'm gonna shoot for a crack of fuck all departure time. Probably closer to 5:30-6pm.

Is there food available around the hotel?

Exchanged some Cdn dinero for some of the funny looking US Dinero at lunch. Even had the foresight to get some small bills for the tolls (yea me!). All that's left is to call the CC's and tell them I'm traveling and pack.

Hindsight being what it is. I should've bailed out of here at 3pm and got rolling today. I could've dispensed with about half the trip before dark tonight.

Is there food available around the hotel?
Yeah, there is a family restaurant next door, and cold beer at the gas stations within walking distance.

EDIT: I'm not sure when the restaurant closes doors. I believe there is a McD's and a Subway in the area as well.

Sorry, I'm not that organized. I just ride, eat, sip beer, make fun of friends, and sleep. That's all I do.

Kay, bags are packed. Travel notice on my CC's. Bike is gassed up and raring to go. All that's left is the sittin' and twistin'.

Can you tell I'm excited! First trip of the year and it's SE. Ohio!

Does anybody know if the cigarette charger for the Sena is made by Samsung? I've got to many electrical gizmo's...

Wheaton's beer is packed. Sticky string plug in my brand new rear tire has been road tested up 180 klicks and doesn't lose any pressure. I'm outta here a 7:00am and have the twisty scenic route to Caldwell loaded. Now, can I get to sleep? One more beer!

Bust, it's going to get a good Ohio "over the hill spin cycle" once we get through Columbus. The question is will Wheaton be able to resist the urge to spin one open take a blue moon bath...

Just finished packing...

2012-05-09212742.jpg
You might wanna wrap that in a towel and put it in a plastic bag..... Sure wouldn't want a repeat of the tea incident with that. ;) I bet you'd have 3 inches of beer in there then.

I've got a spotwalla question. I paid for tracking on my spot and on my last trip to Missouri with wifey, no tracking messages showed up on Spotwalla.

I do it this time and no tracking messages either. I pressed the okay button...and the spot website sent me an email, cuz my email address is on my spot contact list. But still nothing on the spotwalla site. Seems like I'm not getting the tracking function I paid for...or I'm doing something wrong.

If I am doing something wrong...which I could be I guess...what could it be? I'm stumped.

45 minutes until I hit the sack.

See all you goofballs tomorrow.

Wheaton - did you make sure the trip is "active" on spotwalla? It will not show messages from findmespot unless the trip is "active". Right now, my "SE Ohio" trip is not active, but it do have tracking data on findmespot from today.

Wheaton - did you make sure the trip is "active" on spotwalla? It will not show messages from findmespot unless the trip is "active". Right now, my "SE Ohio" trip is not active, but it do have tracking data on findmespot from today.
Also, when you power on your SPOT, wait for the power light thingy to flash a time or two, then push the footprint (tracking) button for aboot 5 seconds. It should start flashing. Then you will be tracking every ~ 10 minutes-ish.

You should see something like this - note (in this awesomely timed pic by Sooze last weekend) that the power, tracking (footprint), and GPS indicators are all illuminated.

FoodShow-TechDay2012033.jpg

See ya tomorrow...

<yawn>

Guess it's about that time. 2C and clear. Hello heated liner. Southbound and down.

WOOHOO!

You all have a safe & fun ride. I'll be doing some different kind of riding this weekend as my club is hosting an enduro this weekend in the Ganaraska Forest.

All my riding on the FJR will need to be mid-week for now since I have dirt bike events every weekend until I leave for NAFO.

Looking forward to the photos and please no photos of bikes in the hillbilly car wash ...

photo.jpg