2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, from the looks of the video ads, we know the target market is unchanged. :lol:
You mean greying middle-aged guy with good looks and copious vacation time sending Polaroids to his daughter that spend days at home shopping trying on clingy clothes? Isn't it the story of us all? ;)

I can't speak for Richard, but the Concours doesn't do anything for me, personally. If you don't like the thing, why even consider it?
My buddy Dan has a Concours14 that I gladly jump on every time it's offered. The motor and tranny are lovely. I like the looks OK as well. But the ownership costs are tough. premium fuel, worse MPG, smaller tank all would affect my daily riding. That and the 15K (suggested) valve check. For me the FJR is king!

But that C14 motor...

Last edited by a moderator:
My dealer

it is on the US site now....No AE/AS for US and the price is $15,890 available Oct 2012.

R
And us Canadians get hosed again - $17,499 :angry2:
I called the dealer this afternoon, $15,800
Which dealer? I'll make some calls and see what I can do in this neck of the woods. I know RL Equipment is big on FJR's (the principal and his wife both ride them). Probably a very slippery slope.
My dealer

It is perfect. Just enough new stuff to make it competitive, but not enough to tease me into wanting to replace my Gen 1. ;)
Speak for yourself!!!! :dribble:
:lol: :lol: So, I foresee an '05 ABS for sale in the near future.
Brother Greg: RadioHowie, Bustanut joker and Papa Chuy Viejo no longer know you; you are so dead to us! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Have a cup of coffee, DonS. It's GeorgiaRoller who is dead to us now. Greg is safe.

PS - For those looking for the link.

The Pictures are Here!! <<< That's a link

Thanks Fred. I was afraid that I was going to be shunned.... Um, well, maybe it's not really a bad thing being shunned by that crew. :p :p

FINALLY....an FJR to get (mildly) excited about. (???)

After 7 model years of the Gen II Embarrassment, we get the Gen III...I can see the recall list already starting!

But all the "good stuff" will probably be left on the Euro-Only AS (AE) model. :(

And WTF is wrong with Yamaha's U.S. website that they can't get it updated? Fookin' Slackers!!

edit: Can't help but wondering if all those 2011/2012 buyers are now thinking "FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK!!!"

edit#2: Wonder how long before mcatrophy is gonna dump his 2010 on a 2013??? Common Mac, we need ride reports!!!
That's because the AE's are Awesome!! Even Yamaha knows it!! :lol: :yahoo:

You mean greying middle-aged guy with good looks and copious vacation time sending Polaroids to his daughter that spend days at home shopping trying on clingy clothes? Isn't it the story of us all? ;)
Almost spit my coffee out reading that...

Last edited by a moderator:
What that ugly looking (IMHO) decal on the side of the front fairing? It doesn't look like it goes with anything. I'd have to peel that off right away.

I want THIS one:

2013-Yamaha-FJR1300A-EU-Midnight-Black-Studio-001.jpg