2013 or 2014?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nankoweap

Reaction score
Any inside scoop on the 2014s? Color? Anything else?

You see, I've made up my mind to come back to the FJR family for various reasons. For one, I really dig how Yamaha has listened to its customers and matured the FJR over the years. I had an 05 that I loved, but sold it to a neighbor that loved it enough to fork over a wad of cash. He wasn't the brightest bulb in the package, but it certainly worked out in my favor. Another reason is I like how Yamaha responded to the US market and made the Tenere available. I have a 2012 Tenere and have decided to replace the 2007 Honda ST13 with an FJR.

Now being an impatient mofo I want an FJR now, but I may be able to muster the will to wait if the 2014 comes in black or, better yet, matte black.
smile.png
I haven't asked my local dealer about the FJR nor have I begun scouring dealerships for the best deal. Although a quick search on CycleTrader.com comes up with this deal in Memphis which would be a good excuse for beer, blues, bbq and a new ride...

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Yamaha-FJR1300A-A-108134762

Anyway, who has the inside poop on the 2014? Thanks.

Since my wife has pretty much confirmed that she's going to be taking possession of my 09 at the end of this season (a good thing by the way, it's not like part of any divorce settlement!), I've been starting to work out the details of ordering a 2014 from my local dealer.

All he knows from the data that Yamaha Canada has released to dealers so far is that the MSRP is the same and that the colour looks to be similar to the Magnetic Bronze that is one of the optional colors of the FJR in Europe. Check out Yamaha UK and you can see the colour.

Now I'm not totally sure that the UK colour is what the NA colour will be - the colour names are different, but they are close.

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah - I'm holding off with my 05 until they come out in the US with the Electronically-adjustable suspension system, that is if the system pans out for our European test market.... :)

I'd like to see some better colors as well....

I'd say '14 as newer/later always helps in resale and (hopefully) refinements. Interested myself if they come out with the inverted frnt suspension and a few other tweeks as well. Since I'm hooked on the AE now, the Euro version released of this but over here would probably be a trigger puller for me.

Hmmm... Looks more like magnetic brown in the picture. The blue colors are about as wild as Yamaha is willing to go over here in the states. Europe has always had better choices and always will. Not so much for us.

GP

So I called the folks at Honda/Yamaha of Memphis. They are indeed selling 2013 Yamaha FJRs for $12,999. Ol' boy said he had 21 of them and only has 3 left. So I put a $200 deposit down on one and will likely pick it up the weekend of the 17th.

All in all I'm paying $14.9K. That includes Tennessee TTL, Extended YES Warranty and a few other charges like some kind of county tax. Anyway, I'm happy with it.

Hooray for me! :)