2013 stratoliner S

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaiderBill

Reaction score
Traded my fjr in on a new 2013 deep blue Stratoliner S. Fjr is an amazing bike but between my wife hating the back seat (not just padding but room was a huge issue. Also I could not drive the speed limit, not at all, was hauling ass everywhere and enjoying it, was a matter of time before I got an ugly ticket or in jail. Back to big V twin cruiser, really like Yamaha bikes so I felt the Stratoliner was a good fit. The strat handles better than any big bike I have owned (Suzuki C109, Triumph Rocket 3), All torque is just off idle. Cant blow by cars like on the fjr but that is a good thing in my case. Not to say the strat is slow it does move along well, brakes are good. Hated to get rid of the fjr as loved the big tank, handling, speed, easy oil change and check, and much more but it just was not right for the wife and myself.

Bill, it didn't happen without pictures.

Congrats on your new ride. Sounds like the new bike is going to work for you.

A friend of mine use to own the Yamaha shop in Anaconda. At one time, it was the longest family owned dealership in the US. I think Wayne Ford {Alpine Yamaha in Livingston) now has that honor.

Niehart, I agree pics are a must except I cant seem to get it from photobucket today. Tried several times. That's cool about your friend, small world. Got my bike from staacks motorsports in Butte.

Latest posts