2014 Team Lyle Silver State Roundup Results

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug5551

Reaction score
FJR Darksider #3 from El Segundo/Sugarloaf, CA
All -

Nevada has been the site of many historic LD events like Miles Inc., Mass Gold, Blister, and WPF. Inspired by these rides, I decided to put on the Team Lyle Alamo series of events, an All-Nevada Bun Burner Gold ride. Prior to May 18, 2012, there had been only 7 All-Nevada BBGs certified. The prior two year's Alamo events have produced 4 BBG 1800++, 2 BBG 1800+, 22 All Nevada BBGs , 3 All Nevada Bun Burners and 1 All Nevada Saddle Sore.

27 people decided to apply for the ride. Some of the very best LD riders - Iron Butt Rally Finishers/ Cognoscente Group winners/Utah 1088 winners/Spank winners/MERA members, etc - signed up for this event. 18 riders showed up to the starting line in Alamo, Nevada. I was hoping to add a few additional Nevada BBGs to the list. I was wrong.

We will add FOURTEEN names on the list! (for various rides, pending the riders sending their forms to the IBA)

The Silver State Roundup produced no less than four (4) riders earning BBG 1800++Day status:

:: Matt Watkins - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300 "Japanese Valdez"

Erik Lipps - 2009 Yamaha FJR1300

Marc Beaulac - 2008 Honda GL1800
:: Justin Philipson - 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

Of special note, the 09 FJR used a Car Tire for the entire duration of the ride, and the 08 GL1800 used a Run-flat, Snow Tire Car Tire for the ride. Two of the above riders also had time to post to Facebook during the event.

Two more riders earned their way into the sparsely populated 1800+ Mile Club:

:: Pat and Becky Ford - 2007 Honda GL1800

I believe they are the third two-up couple to finish a 1800+, after Tom and Rosie Sperry and a couple who did it on a Harley Davidson Vrod while completing a 50CC ride. They are the first Father/Daughter to complete a 1800+. They also used a Car Tire for their ride.

5 riders completed the All-Nevada BBG. 1 rider completed an All Nevada SS1K and 2 riders completed an All Nevada BB.

Congratulations to all Silver State Roundup players who achieved the goals that they were after. And the next time any of you see Matt Watkins, you should immediately go up and shake his hand. Trust me.

Thanks to Lisa Erbes for her support and for all she has done with Eddie's Road. Much gratitude to Ted Bosch, our Guest Rallymaster and Carl and Jonnie Stark, our Road Warriors, who provided roadside assistance to those in need. And a huge thanks to Brian Casey, our Routemaster, whose work made this all possible.

Doug Barrett
TLSSR Rallymaster
IBA #456

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice numbers, I sure gas mileage wasn't a concern.

The Michelin mud and snow run flat and how we do it.

IMG_2558_zps4cd152e5.jpg

Congrats to all of the rides and Doug for putting on a fine event. It's nice to see that there is still some places to put on some miles.

Latest posts