2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not good - the color is starting to appeal to me. I stopped and looked at the FZ in this color today. I recalled that someone did a bunch of carbon fiber inserts on their 14. They would look very nice in this scheme as well.
Not sure if you are referring to my '14ES that I applied carbon fiber vinyl to the side panels, tank trim and adjustable side vents? In either case, I agree that it would improve the look of tge '15 by providing some texture/pattern to break up all that black and charcoal.
I have plans to do just this when I get my 15...... If I can get a grasp on the method, I think it'll look really nice....

I was even thinking a blue carbon fiber might look good.... since I'm planning on blue for the wheels, who knows - don't want to go too tacky though..... I'm more of a subtle guy in the looks dept....
When you do this make sure you got some backlit blue LEDs to show off your ride at your night gathering spots. Add some funky hopping ES suspension tricks and the kids will look up at you in awe...

Just funnin' of course. Don't really do this.

I have plans to do just this when I get my 15...... If I can get a grasp on the method, I think it'll look really nice....

I was even thinking a blue carbon fiber might look good.... since I'm planning on blue for the wheels, who knows - don't want to go too tacky though..... I'm more of a subtle guy in the looks dept....
Styling cues from the FZ?

God I hope all the naysayers are right about this Liquid Graphite 15 being a dud in sales cus about 3k off msrp and I'd all

over that fugly mother with USD forks. Besides it matches my fugly Ford F150 FX4. Liquid Graphite is the new Black
coolsmiley02.gif

Amazing how the colour makes such a difference...

I saw the 2014 Aussie model in Black and just didn't like it. I then saw a near-new 2013 in Graphite and... purchased it. Love the colour!

"Styling cues from the FZ?"

Yup, that's the plan as long as I don't have to pull the rotors and my guy can paint the edges leaving the center and spokes black.. I'm doing it

somethin sexy about the charcoal grey with blue highlights.....

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
....thanks scoot for the update and all....i'm non-plussed with the new non-color however...another batman on a neeeeenja bike......darth nader ?....just too npr for me but i like pepto on corn flakes so there's no accounting for taste...and i get touch up paint at basspro....living here in the great dark northwet now, i've already added loud pipes and i can't imagine a more sedate color in rain and limited viz....i may have to give up peyote even....makes any year any color...cheeeep too....used red maybe....with led's...the cowbell of sport-touring....

This bike is so good, the color wouldn't matter. That being said, I LOVE Traveller's red color! Glad I bought it a year ago (and picked it up in February)!

Haven't been on the site for a long time but waddayaknow?

I've been having the itch lately for something new and I just so happen to buy a black and gray Shoei Neotec today that would match this HOT new color scheme pretty well.

I think that a gently used 2006 may be in my wife's future as she is now ready to upgrade from her FZ6R.

Haven't been on the site for a long time but waddayaknow?
I've been having the itch lately for something new and I just so happen to buy a black and gray Shoei Neotec today that would match this HOT new color scheme pretty well.

I think that a gently used 2006 may be in my wife's future as she is now ready to upgrade from her FZ6R.

Good to hear from you Malve!

Depending on your wife's inseam skill level. Perhaps the new FJ-09 might be a better match? Or even an FZ-07 all decked out with touring accessories? Going from the FZ-6R to an FJR is quite a jump.

Come up to Long Beach two weekends from now for the IMS show and demo ride those bikes. Nothing like a demo ride to see what you like! And I can tell you the FZ-07 is simply awesome!

Thanks Skooter. We have been a little nervous about that big a jump. Her legs are longer than mine but she is still light on seat time. Will you be in LB? We may come up.

Dear Yamaha,

I am the proud owner of a brand-spanking new 2015 FJR ESF. She's beautiful and responsive, and so far -- 35 miles -- I LOVE the seat!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

PS: What the hell does the F stand for?

Love,

Uncle Hud

There are photos; I don't know how to post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'm getting pretty sick and damn tired of everyone BESIDES ME getting new Gen IIIs.

And then there's the burrito muncher down in Chandler who's CBX-shopping.

How come all you bastards ain't broke, like ME????

DAMN!!!

Personally, I'm getting pretty sick and damn tired of everyone BESIDES ME getting new Gen IIIs.
And then there's the burrito muncher down in Chandler who's CBX-shopping.

How come all you bastards ain't broke, like ME????

DAMN!!!
Piss, moan, whine.:) :) :) :)