• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2015 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES – $9,900

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mossyrocks13k

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have no interest in this sale. I don't know the shop except by reputation. I thought this is a dang good deal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kent Road MotorSports

2015 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES – $9,900

2015 Yamaha FJR1300ES
Miles: 8,949
Condition: Excellent

• Starts / runs / rides / looks great
  • 1298 cc
  • 5-speed transmission
  • Two Brothers Black Series exhaust
  • Givi top case
  • Sargent Seat
  • Clear title in hand
  • Located in Cornwall Bridge, CT 06754
Overall Condition – Excellent – This bike is very clean and in really nice condition; Appears very close to new with some really nice upgrades.

• Tires are excellent
  • All paint and plastic is excellent
  • Starts / runs / rides great
Stock # 1100090

For more info:

Call Jim: (860) 866-4632 or email: [email protected]

062518a22.jpg

062518a33.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing. I am on the fence whether to go for this 2015 ES or a 2016 and with 6 speed. Besides the 6 speed, are there many differences?

Thanks for sharing. I am on the fence whether to go for this 2015 ES or a 2016 and with 6 speed. Besides the 6 speed, are there many differences?
LED lighting all around is a big plus, they cut the dark much better, imo. The six speed trans isn't worth much more than just to say yep, she's got six gears. Don't expect any added fuel economy with it. The biggest advantage I saw on trips was the ability to upshift or downshift for certain rpm's during moderate highway speeds where the motor might be a little buzzy. Slipper clutch might be valuable to someone, I never noticed it engaging / disengaging during my more spirited riding moments. But then again I don't pass funeral processions over the double yellow, and the fjr has much more capability than my riding ability does. Unless you're redlined in the twisties I don't think it'll be of use to you.

Route66 and Ntxfjr thanks for the info! I think the LEDs are a great item but also agree the slipper clutch may not affect me as I am not a high performance rider. The 2015 has notable upgrades to what I am riding. I think the updated safety equipment alone makes it worthwhile.

Looks like a Cee Bailey windshield also. That's a good deal with all the accessories that are already installed. Close to two grand in accessories. Get them down on price and you have a nicely farkled low mileage bike for half the price of new.

That looks like a great deal. <9k miles? I should sell mine and buy this one. I would drop 40k miles!

Seems like these 2015's are holding there value. A 2016 must go for at least 2K minimum more than this. I can put one hell of a setup with lighting far cheaper than dropping 2K more for a 2016. Not only that but the lighting would outperform anything the LED's on the 2016 can do. When I turn all my lights on at night it's like riding during the day. Don't even have to slow down.

Choices, choices.

Good luck Dave

I don't know if this is systemic or a matter of mileage, but the '16ES I rode at the dealer with the 6 speed tranny was BUTTER smooth - way better than the clunky transmission on my '08. I considered that a better upgrade than having the 6th gear. My bike has a nice solid "CHUNK" every time shifting up to 2nd or down to 1st, and the '16 didn't seem to be nearly as rough.

Like I said, maybe its just age and mileage....

My 2015 will have 69,000 miles on her before the weekend's over. This is an OUTSTANDING deal! With all the money you save, get some Clearwater lights and pay someone to install them!

(Who needs a sixth gear anyway?)

My 2015 will have 69,000 miles on her before the weekend's over. This is an OUTSTANDING deal! With all the money you save, get some Clearwater lights and pay someone to install them!
(Who needs a sixth gear anyway?)
Saving the 2 grand leaves cash for clearwaters and a RDL with $ to spare for gas and tires.....