2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but I believe both the A and ES series can start from 000001 in digits 12-17. That only the VIN in its entirety has to be unique, not just the last 6 digits.
So we've had VIN reports of a US A up to 0104 and an ES to 0039. Will be interested to see the range and where they are distributed. Randomly or geographically.
I think Joe will interested in seeing his come in to his dealer. That wait has to be KILLER!

Yes, I was amazed at how smooth the transmission is. Honestly it is one of the easiest shifting motorcycles I've ever ridden. I am anxious to hear what other owners have to say. Additionally I find I am no longer searching for the phantom next gear. I plan on putting a few hundred miles on this weekend, and get to that 600 mile mark for the first service.

Yes, I was amazed at how smooth the transmission is. Honestly it is one of the easiest shifting motorcycles I've ever ridden. I am anxious to hear what other owners have to say. Additionally I find I am no longer searching for the phantom next gear. I plan on putting a few hundred miles on this weekend, and get to that 600 mile mark for the first service.
Very interested to know the rpm at say 70 mph in 6th? Thanks.

This is perversely exciting. I have been following this thread from the beginning. I'm happy for those of you who have received yours, and anxiously excited for those still waiting. And I have zero interest in "upgrading" my 14.

Unsubstantiated from Facebook FJR site:

2016 ES. Passed. CARB yesterday. Maybe start seeing them thi weekend maybe monday

Where in he world is Joe's bike? Any hints from the dealer yet? At this rate El Toro's VIN # is going to be up in the 10,000s (when they sell 2,000/year) :lol: I may be able to see him take delivery at EOM this year. If he is able to stand...

2016 ES. Passed. CARB yesterday. Maybe start seeing them thi weekend maybe monday
Meaning the 2016 FJR is possibly 50 state approved? That would be great news for those of us held captive by CARB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where in he world is Joe's bike? Any hints from the dealer yet? At this rate El Toro's VIN # is going to be up in the 10,000s (when they sell 2,000/year)
laugh.png
I may be able to see him take delivery at EOM this year. If he is able to stand...
Joe's bout fit to be tied I suspect. Holy Crap...it better get here before August!

Meaning the 2016 FJR is possibly 50 state approved? That would be great news for those of us held captive by CARB.
If this is true, D&H will be selling a lot more bikes. California has a DMV law that requires motorcycles must have 7500 miles on the odometer when registering them from out of state. There are ways to deal with this restriction.

This is perversely exciting. I have been following this thread from the beginning. I'm happy for those of you who have received yours, and anxiously excited for those still waiting. And I have zero interest in "upgrading" my 14.
If you think this is perverse...you obviously have not read enough of the material on this site...

Where in he world is Joe's bike? Any hints from the dealer yet? At this rate El Toro's VIN # is going to be up in the 10,000s (when they sell 2,000/year)
laugh.png
I may be able to see him take delivery at EOM this year. If he is able to stand...
Joe's bout fit to be tied I suspect. Holy Crap...it better get here before August!
Just called my dealer at lunch today...no news yet (still saying April). And the weather has been perfect for riding...the anticipation is killing me. I keep buying stuff for the new bike, since I can't ride...wifey's gonna shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the review is accurately reporting the new 6sp transmission data, the 500 rpm reduction in 6th gear verses the prior Genlll 5th gear, that is precisely what I suggested many months ago. I called for a 6sp that would provide a 500 rpm net reduction. At that time many replied there is no need to have a 6th gear. Apparently they thought the 6th gear would be nothing more than an additional shift with no net gain in speed. Without having to buy a 2016 model, I have essentially accomplished the same results by upsizing to 190/55 rear tire and having the RSV final drive modification.

If the review is accurately reporting the new 6sp transmission data, the 500 rpm reduction in 6th gear verses the prior Genlll 5th gear, that is precisely what I suggested many months ago. I called for a 6sp that would provide a 500 rpm net reduction. At that time many replied there is no need to have a 6th gear. Apparently they thought the 6th gear would be nothing more than an additional shift with no net gain in speed. Without having to buy a 2016 model, I have essentially accomplished the same results by upsizing to 190/55 rear tire and having the RSV final drive modification.
Well, there ya go then...

People shouldn't be all that excited about the 6th gear ratio. I found myself looking for another gear all the way into work this morning on West Snoqualmie Valley Rd in WA and I just came off a Suzuki DR 650. I love this bike it's like a magic carpet with the suspension on hard compared to what I have been riding.

The cornering lights must be oriented for high speed corners because when I was going up Novelty Hill the light was way high and to the right.

A lot of folks here have put substantial amounts of miles on our FJRs...all with just 5 gears (never was a problem). I don't think having an extra gear is going to hurt the bike that we all love...yeah it might not need 6 gears...but it ain't gonna hurt it either, no matter what all the haters say.
punk.gif

...The cornering lights must be oriented for high speed corners because when I was going up Novelty Hill the light was way high and to the right.
Wouldn't be the first time that FJRs came with the headlights not adjusted correctly. Maybe because the LEDs draw so little current they just naturally drift up ;)