2016 YZF-R 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodave_98

TurboDave_98
Reaction score
Got my new Yamaha R 3 bike a week ago, It is a perfect bike for me as I am 75 years old. My reason to get it is that it only weighs 350 lbs and I can move it on the ground easily. It is totallay balanced and has very quick steering. tt will average 60 mpg . I have a 2006 FJ1300 AE that I rode in the 2009 Iron Butt rally, a 1996 Royal Star 1300, 2005 YZF-R1 which I have rode in AMA sanctioned race tracks a 1991 Honda ST 1100 and finally a Suzuki DL 650.

I am not bragging but I have loved biking since the mid 1950s. Enuf said.

Congrats Dave!

Every now and then I take my daughter's 300 Ninja out for a ride. While nowhere near the power of what I'm used to, the flickablity is off the charts! A real fun bike to ride!

Go Dave Go!

I've had a string of 250's along with my FJR for the past few years. I wouldn't be without one now. Great gas mileage, crazy fun to ride. Cheap insurance. That's a tough combo to beat!

Got my new Yamaha R 3 bike a week ago, It is a perfect bike for me as I am 75 years old. My reason to get it is that it only weighs 350 lbs and I can move it on the ground easily. It is totallay balanced and has very quick steering. tt will average 60 mpg . I have a 2006 FJ1300 AE that I rode in the 2009 Iron Butt rally, a 1996 Royal Star 1300, 2005 YZF-R1 which I have rode in AMA sanctioned race tracks a 1991 Honda ST 1100 and finally a Suzuki DL 650.I am not bragging but I have loved biking since the mid 1950s. Enuf said.
"Like!"

I'm looking at a near-new 2015 R3 in RED with only 2.6k miles to add to my toys. This will be a great addition to put on a hitch carrier on the back of my motorhome when I need wheels for short excursions from the campsite. I still have the option to trailer the FJR is I will be doing longer rides...like Yosemite '17!

I have a 2015 R3 in addition to my fourth FJR and find it a blast to ride...for shorter distances in nice weather. Cannot go wrong with this bike. Lots and lots of bang for the buck! (I'm 71.)

FJRTom,

I have an 2016 R3 and I find it a BLAST! I am 75 years old and have a large stable of 8 various bikes, one is a 2006 FJR 1300 AE that I rode in the 2009 Iron Butt Rally. I Got the R3 to make it easy to move around while on the ground and stopped. Take care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you are a heckuva Rider, TurboDave! Congrats on all the accomplishments and keep enjoying all of the bikes in your stable!

It is James, which is somewhat the point. However, you really can't appreciate one by sitting on it alone, you'll have to take it out on a ride. For me at least, the flickablity is amazingly fun and addictive! Ymmv.

It is James, which is somewhat the point. However, you really can't appreciate one by sitting on it alone, you'll have to take it out on a ride. For me at least, the flickablity is amazingly fun and addictive! Ymmv.
Yamaha truck here in the pnw 26-27 aug maybe a ride, I like the idea , need to get a little older maybe. At present I downsized from a wing to a dl1000.

I have an 07 Ninja 500R that fits the same purpose, fun and light with enough power as an option to the FJR. Having both bikes make me appreciation the different fun factor that each provides.