$25 Aerostich

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiowize

Reaction score
So, I was pretty excited to score an almost new Roadcrafter earlier this month for $300. My boss kinda liked the suit, and I got a text this morning with a Craigslist link to this. I went and picked it up for him (I'm significantly closer to the seller), and sure enough, it's a $25 Aerostich.

P3oPi6t.png

This is a very unusual suit. It looks like somebody may have owned an original Roadcrafter and commuted a lot in the rain, then went to Aerostich and commissioned a custom suit just for commuting in Seattle. Instead of the full length zipper, the main zipper stops above the crotch, and is the rubberized water proof type zipper. An additional access zipper has been added to the right leg to facilitate entry into the suit. It looks like this suit was never worn, but made quite some time ago. (Mid 90's?)

Look inside the upper left breast pocket for the mfg date. I just got one off ebay that looks brand spanking new, and the mfg date is 3-19-93!

I've lucked into a like new sedici air control jacket and a brand new yamaha performance apparel (hein gericke) jacket from Craigslist for next to nothing recently. I have to stop now. I just don't need more than three separate riding coats with removable insulated liners.