• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Boots, Cycleport Kevlar suit, RPHA helmet, etc.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exskibum

~<>~<>~<>~<>~
Reaction score
Time to thin out the garage and closet! I cannot post photos but will send via e-mail or text. Will ship to lower 48 states only:

1) Two (2) working STARCOM ADVANCE units, plus multiple cabling, headsets and other Starcom accessories/wiring. (A couple or three of the many headsets may not work, so youll have to test for those that do.) There is a handlebar mount master volume control, a push to talk radio switch, multiple connectors, etc. Presumed use is likely to existing Starcom users for spares, esp. headsets. I have not used any of this in a few years, and am offering the whole shipped for $30 (expected cost of shipping, so: more or less free).SOLD/DONATED

2) CYCLEPORT KEVLAR MESH two-piece suit, black/blue to fit 54, 100 - 110# woman or child, with wind/water-proof liners and upgraded Quad Armor. (Tri Armor for hip and sacrum pads only; the cost for quad armor upgrade was higher than my asking price.) Its the Riva style suit (~$1,600+) with blue stretch kevlar pocket flaps and accents on black kevlar mesh with silver reflective stripes across upper back and down legs, xlnt condition, worn 16 times (barely broken in). $225 includes shipping.

3) RPHA-10 (premium HJC) HELMET near mint, size SMALL, full face helmet, Silver with clear and blue iridium face shields. Used 5 times, was mounted with Sena SM-10 since removed. $125 includes shipping.

4) SIDI Gortex VERTIGO MEGA BOOTS, black, size 46 (11.5 - 12 US), slightly wider than most Sidis. Near mint. Originally over $300 new, I bought them in same condition for $200 + shipping in Nov 2011 on this forum (seller said he wore them a couple times but they were too big for him). I wore them on 3 short rides: an outstanding boot for a sport bike (e.g., the Honda Blackbirds I once owned), but the upper leans a little too far forward to be comfortable for me in the FJR's touring position without changing shift lever height. They are like new. $130 includes shipping.

5) ALPINESTARS TECH 2 tan/black Off-Road BOOTS size 45.5 (11 US), 2 buckle closure, hiking boot height, very stout. Xlnt condition - bought new summer 2007 and have only 1,100 miles on them over next 16 months. $75 includes shipping.

6) Gen.I (03 - 05) OEM SEATS in near mint condition (taken off 8 months and 5,500 miles after new purchase). Stored in plastic bags in the garage rafters since. Make Offer plus shipping? SOLD

7) Two (2) WRAPTERS for long hair in original packaging: 1 blue (used once) and 1 black (unused). FREE

8) SPOT TRACKER 2 - New in box, never opened (in ~8 years), never registered or subscription opened. $20 includes shipping.

Please PM for info or photos.

(Also posted to CBR1100XX.org)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully you're not giving up riding?
Nope. Selling house and moving should allow me to ride more. SInce I bought this place in June 2012, it seems all I have done is fix, maintain, remodel, ad nauseum -- to the point that I hardly ride anymore, or play golf or do fun shit. Being here alone 24/7/365, with way too much for one person to do has finally forced me to realize that this house/property is too much in the limited years I have left. The defensible space project from Feb to Nov last year really did it for me. Right now, it's pretty much every waking hour spend getting house ready to list.

The plan: get rid of this place, move to a 55+ with golf, stay fit, golf like an addict and ride.

Nope. Selling house and moving should allow me to ride more. SInce I bought this place in June 2012, it seems all I have done is fix, maintain, remodel, ad nauseum -- to the point that I hardly ride anymore, or play golf or do fun shit. Being here alone 24/7/365, with way too much for one person to do has finally forced me to realize that this house/property is too much in the limited years I have left. The defensible space project from Feb to Nov last year really did it for me. Right now, it's pretty much every waking hour spend getting house ready to list.

The plan: get rid of this place, move to a 55+ with golf, stay fit, golf like an addict and ride.
Sounds like you figured out the key to nirvana. When I retired in 2000 I told my wife we are going to buy a new house where i can have it equipped the way I want it. That included landscaping that had no grass, no dirt next to the house and only drip irrigated low water plants. Now I can set the alarm system, turn off the water into the house, set water heater on vacation mode, tell my neighbors how long we are going to be gone, and everything is AOK until we return. Oh yeah, drop the exterior shades on the back facing the golf fairway. We have a western exposure and have had golf balls find their way onto our patio.

I agree 100% except the golf part I'll trade golf for shooting a lot. I am converting outside spaces to low to zero maint. other than a few gallons of Roundup.