3 pass blast 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolff

Reaction score
For anyone that is interested in doing the a 3 pass blast (Snoqualmie Pass, Blewitt Pass and Steven's Pass) there is one I do annually with a bunch of combined groups from the PNW. This can be a very fun day when the weather is nice! LOL This ride is a lose / organized ride. What this means is we meet up in North Bend and get ready. A lot of riders want to ride at different speeds - whether that's fast, slow or about the speed limit, not ride nose to tail as they say or in a large group. So if you have your favorite buddies to ride with - there's your group. If you want to ride in a group and relax - then just go with a larger / majority of the group. Some start out with the larger group but want to do their own ride after Cle Elum that's cool too. The ride is open to any kind of bikes so if you have friends that might want to go invite them too.

Here are the details:

Meet up at Ken's Truck Town in North Bend with Kick stands up at 9:00. A great place with lots of staging room and several gas stations along with a restaurant there for coffee or breakfast.

Ride over Snoqualmie pass with to Cle Elum. A lot of guys / groups stop there for fuel, quick stop or regroup, etc.

Over Bleweitt Pass and on to Cashmere for lunch

Lunch is at the Country Boys BBQ in Cashmere. They are always notified ahead of time and have lots of staff on hand to quickly get food out.

The final leg depends on several things - one if you live North of Seattle or want to keep this traditional - you head down Steven's Pass to I-5. A lot of guy's live South of Seattle so they tend to talk and see who wants to go home Via hwy 12, hwy 410 etc. After lunch the larger group really becomes a bunch of smaller groups that head different directions and at different departure times. If someone lives south and wants to take a different route home than Hwy2 and wants some guys to ride with - let me know in Cashmere and I will make sure to introduce you to some great guys who take the other routes home. I ride this the traditional way and go down hwy 2 to I-5 and home. I have gone over hwy 20 a few years but not this year! there are a couple of meet up spots on the North end if someone wanted to meet up and connect with riders heading down to North Bend. Let me know and I will contact you and we can meet up and ride down together.

Scott

Sounds like fun, but I'm on-call this weekend and gotta stick close to home.

I-90 demo days will stretch my range as it is...

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dennis,

I didn't see you at the meet up in North Bend. It was a great day to spin some miles up on the scoot. I ended up with 422 miles for the day and loved everyone of those! Blewit pass was great with the long sweepers. My next ride will be on an annual ride called the pizza run. That will go over to Connel for the day. However this year instead of the turn and burn ( 640 miles round trip ) I will go onto Kennewick with a few friends and stay the night and ride home Sunday.

Scott

I'm sorry to have missed it. My Mom had a medical emergency early Saturday morning requiring a trip to Overlake and that ate up pretty much the entire weekend and the couple of days off I had scheduled. Had some tinkering planned on the bike ( mounting my new Zumo 660 and associated wiring harness ) but I will do that this coming weekend since I don't ride Memorial Day weekend. Let me k now about the Pizza Run That looks like a nice ride and I am always ready for good pizza.

Hey Scott,

Thank you for the post on the Pizza run.....I got your contact info and will try very hard to make this one
smile.png

Anyone else interested in a nice ride :)

Last edited by a moderator: