90 degree valve stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably obvious, but I like pointing out the obvious. Make sure the stems will clear the brake rotors once installed. If you have them sticking right off to the right, they'll hit. You'll only have to go about two feet to realize your mistake, though.

What do you mean 'clear the brake rotors'....they don't come close, at least not the Bike Effects stems.

As the others have said, I've had mine for a while now (one tire change each, front and rear) and they are great. I too check the air pressure much more regularly now.

Probably obvious, but I like pointing out the obvious. Make sure the stems will clear the brake rotors once installed. If you have them sticking right off to the right, they'll hit. You'll only have to go about two feet to realize your mistake, though.
If you're talking about these:

90degreeValveStem.jpg

you're riding on borrowed time friend. These will fail at speed (and can hit the rotor too). Get them OFF your bike.

AL%20Valve%20-%2011,3%20-%20Silver%20-%20Side%20View.jpg

from bikeeffects then they can't hit the rotors no matter how you install them.

What do you mean 'clear the brake rotors'....they don't come close, at least not the Bike Effects stems.

90degreeValveStem.jpg

you're riding on borrowed time friend. These will fail at speed (and can hit the rotor too). Get them OFF your bike.

AL%20Valve%20-%2011,3%20-%20Silver%20-%20Side%20View.jpg

from bikeeffects then they can't hit the rotors no matter how you install them.
Rotors, brake dealio, whatever that thing big lumpy thing is called--down there about where the 90o valve stem from the BMW dealership--was whacking it, before they rotated the new stem some more, anyway, that's what I'm talking about. I just sent for a set of Bike Effects stems, and figured to replace them both anyway. Guess I haven't been riding "at speed," cuz it hasn't failed yet. (The dang California Highway Patrol, though, they think I was riding at speed.) Hope it holds up for a couple more weeks. Got a new set of PR2's waiting at Roseville Yama for the rain to stop.

Rotors, brake dealio, whatever that thing big lumpy thing is called--down there about where the 90o valve stem from the BMW dealership--was whacking it, before they rotated the new stem some more, anyway, that's what I'm talking about. I just sent for a set of Bike Effects stems, and figured to replace them both anyway. Guess I haven't been riding "at speed," cuz it hasn't failed yet. (The dang California Highway Patrol, though, they think I was riding at speed.) Hope it holds up for a couple more weeks. Got a new set of PR2's waiting at Roseville Yama for the rain to stop.
'Yet' is the operative word. I just want to get the word out that the cheapos are not safe.