A Cheap Way Out

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Badfjr

Reaction score
Guys you all probly know bout this but ill tell you what i done to my bike ...Instead of buying $320.00 driving lights i went to Auto Zone an bought me a pair of $39.99 Driving lights an mounted them on my reflector brace wired them to my battery put toggle switch under my handle bars liquid tape every thing tie straped my wires real neat,I couldnt be happier saved nyself 300.00 just to let u guys know if you dont already

Redneck FJR anyone?

OK, that was mean and uncalled for.

The light output may suck but it will improve others ability to see you.

I'm glad that solution works for you.

That solution however does not for for me and my riding situation. For me, the cost of buying HID aux lights is well worth it. I know they're not for everybody and I know that I can't use them in traffic, but when I'm out on a two lane road in Nor Cal, or on a twisty road in Utah (were there are more deer than people), I know I'm putting out significanly more light than a set of cheapy lights.

Guys you all probly know bout this but ill tell you what i done to my bike ...Instead of buying $320.00 driving lights i went to Auto Zone an bought me a pair of $39.99 Driving lights an mounted them on my reflector brace wired them to my battery put toggle switch under my handle bars liquid tape every thing tie straped my wires real neat,I couldnt be happier saved nyself 300.00 just to let u guys know if you dont already

Man I 'm soo sick of you trolls! Why don'tya go get yerself a sex change ya fruity bastard :angry:

All Hail the Dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jester:

Maybe the troll wasn't hugged as a kid and he feels the need to be important by getting others unwanted attention. Actually it is kind of sad now that I think about it. I feel bad for the sorry bastard.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is something to be said for saving dollars and finding a cheap solution.

However, I've found that you generally get what you paid for. A farkle worth doing is a farkle worth doing right. I've tried the el-cheapo's on cars before and found that they are short lived, have poor reflectors, lens crack, and they leak.

BTW, putting them down low on the forks is the worse place for them. First, the up/down motion of the forks will shorten bulb life, second the light will not extend far down the road at all.

Hope you have a good experience with them. Vector and I feel the same way...nothing fills the road with daylight quite like HID aux (I use the Sirius/Phillips setup..these are the shitz!!)

Redneck FJR anyone?

GIT 'R' DONE!
super.gif

However, I've found that you generally get what you paid for. A farkle worth doing is a farkle worth doing right. I've tried the el-cheapo's on cars before and found that they are short lived, have poor reflectors, lens crack, and they leak.

BTW, putting them down low on the forks is the worse place for them. First, the up/down motion of the forks will shorten bulb life, second the light will not extend far down the road at all.
Not to mention that they look like crap.

Not to mention that they look like crap.
Hey thats just ur opion an u know what they say bout them ...an as long as i like them on MY bike that all that matters thanks for ur reply

Last edited by a moderator:
I say they look fine. If it makes you happy, do it!!

Why don't you guys lighten up! At least he is trying to contribute to this forum.

as long as i like them on MY bike that all that matters thanks for ur reply
Well, that's true enough, 1Badfjr.... if this works for you and you like them, then that all that matters.

On that note.... I will say that the routing of these wires give me pause....

PICT0916.jpg

ASSuming that the red wires are indeed "hot", I personally would encase them in asphalt loom and/or otherwise do something to stand them off from touching the steering neck area.... the frame they are lying up against can get brutally hot. Would be less than optimal if it eventually melted through....

as long as i like them on MY bike that all that matters thanks for ur reply
Well, that's true enough, 1Badfjr.... if this works for you and you like them, then that all that matters.

On that note.... I will say that the routing of these wires give me pause....

PICT0916.jpg

ASSuming that the red wires are indeed "hot", I personally would encase them in asphalt loom and/or otherwise do something to stand them off from touching the steering neck area.... the frame they are lying up against can get brutally hot. Would be less than optimal if it eventually melted through....
Yes sir everything is where nothing can touch anything got everything water proff as possible with liquid tape an put a in line fuse with it also thanks for your reply

Ease up on the poor guy. I agree with Warchild he needs to make a few changes to his wiring but the lights look fine. Hell they look just like Motolights.

I wonder why people are afraid to contribute here? :dntknw:

PICT0914.jpg