A few maintenance items

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toter

Reaction score
Knocked out a few maintenance items over the last few days.

1) Unauthorized throttle body synch

2) Clutch soak

3) Fluid replacement and bled clutch and brakes

Engine runs amazingly smooth. Shifting is slick and smooth. Definitely recommend these procedures if you have not gone there. Not difficult or costly and pays huge dividends. Feels like a new motorcycle.

2006 A model with 22k miles. FJRs are amazing machines.

Ed

2) Clutch soak

Engine runs amazingly smooth. Shifting is slick and smooth. Definitely recommend these procedures if you have not gone there. Not difficult or costly and pays huge dividends. Feels like a new motorcycle.

Ed

2) Clutch soak

Ed

Ed, Way to go on the new fluids and maintenence... but a 2006 FJR w/ 22k miles IS practically a new bike!
smile.png

I just did the clutch and brake fluid on my 03 with 27,000 miles.

I didn't realize it, but the back brake wasn't really working until I pulled fresh fluid through. On my first test ride after the fluid exchange, I locked up the rear wheel almost immediately at my first stop. (I hadn't been able to do that at all before)

The fresh clutch fluid sure did make for better shifting too.

Tell the truth, you were just trying to get your post count up.
no.gif

You reminded me I need to spend some time on the old gal and do some maintenance.

Dave

3 times eh? Practice makes perfect!

I think I've finally completed the list of things to do this winter. Haven't done any of them, just the list
uhoh.gif
. 23 items, mostly simple stuff that I found through the yr.