A few pics from today's Shuttle Launch!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTSR1/FJR

Gort - Klaatu barada nikto!
Reaction score
NO ONE even comes close! Been on vac for 2 weeks and I guess I still have a job now when I go back to work tomorrow! lol

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

Hope everything went ok with the launch....forgot all about it after they delayed it the first time.

Just read the cnn report. Funny...more foam. They should make the foam more like a thick soap so that it oozes off instead of falls off and puts holes in things.

There will always be foam coming off. Not going to stop it, especially after tanking twice (expansion & contraction of tank during filling). I'll know more tomorrow when I go in. The press grabs that and goes crazy with it!

Last edited by a moderator:
On airplanes in the winter time they de-ice the planes and the type 4 stuff sticks on for a while even after flight. They ought to come up with some kind of sticky foam that eventually comes off the tanks in a non-damaging manner.

Amazing. I love to listen to the telemetry reports as it spools up. To think it's traveling over five times faster than a bullet from a deer rifle with people inside. Now THAT'S gotta be one hell of a ride! Thanks for the pics. We were on the road and couldn't watch. Happy 4th!

Hey RTSR1/FJR- Can you get the hookup on some spectator spots? I'm thinkin' I could make a 50CC, catch a launch and get home all in about a week, launch delays notwithstanding.

maybe it's like the extra foam on the '06 that some people pulled out (part of the 'new' heat control system) and won't matter. hopefully it's one of those overdesigned issues and won't be a problem.... god speed to the crew, and best wishes.

Yeah...that foam around the oil filter was a bit much. Can't have heat on that thing....might overtemp the scoot.

Oh, wait....they recomment yamalube....never mind...I understand now.

On airplanes in the winter time they de-ice the planes and the type 4 stuff sticks on for a while even after flight. They ought to come up with some kind of sticky foam that eventually comes off the tanks in a non-damaging manner.
I think there's probably a large difference in atmospheric temps that regular airplanes have to deal with, and the coolant temperatures used in the shuttles main booster (where if I understand correct the foam problems are occuring).

Ya know...I just opened up this can of worms and now I am not hungry anymore. Back to the oil thread for me.

Yay, more of my stuff finally got to ISS... thought it would never get there. :thumbsup:

You only own a percentage of that stuff, groo....I own some of it too and I already got dibs on the good stuff. Get in line.

I don't own any of it... except as a taxpayer. What I meant was that some of the resupply and experiment hardware logistics going to ISS was stuff I built/developed for the program I work on. We have hardware on almost every shuttle launch (at least the ones going to ISS).

RTSR1/FJR

Great pictures. I use to have a 440 Dodge Charger that was almost that fast.

I take it you work for NASA? I have a friend over there working for NASA name's Jeff who works on the prehistoric computers they use.

We'll be prayin for their safe return.

RTSR1/FJR
Great pictures. I use to have a 440 Dodge Charger that was almost that fast.

I take it you work for NASA? I have a friend over there working for NASA name's Jeff who works on the prehistoric computers they use.

We'll be prayin for their safe return.
A lot of Jeff's around! lol Don't work for NASA direct, but for the prime contractor USA (United Space Alliance) here at KSC. I work on the boosters avionics systems and refurbishment of the main booster structures.

Great pics. Could you hear it too?

time to change the 'spell check' battery on the camera though

..dem boostas doin' wha?

A lot of Jeff's around! lol Don't work for NASA direct, but for the prime contractor USA (United Space Alliance) here at KSC. I work on the boosters avionics systems and refurbishment of the main booster structures.

Isn't that the Colonel's fried chicken place?

Ron