A rare ride with both sons!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abercrombie FJR

Reaction score
My youngest son flew up from Florida last Friday for the weekend. He hasn't owned a motorcycle for the last three years and has really started to miss riding. When he found out I bought a 08 Ducati Hypermotard with only 1500 miles on it, he has been itching to ride it. One of my all time favorite things to do is ride with my family, so when the weather was so nice last Saturday, and both sons were available, it was time for a Zorbas run for nachos. Phelp's Mill is right on the way to Ottertail Zorbas so we made a stop. I rode my 999, youngest borrowed my Hypermotard, and the oldest rode his Ninja 1000. We hit every twisty back road we could find on the way there and back and all had a great time.

obligatory selfie at Zorbas. A popular Minnesota lake side restaurant on Ottertail Lake MN.

Last edited by a moderator:
We hit every twisty back road we could find on the way there and back and all had a great time. Both of them? ;)

Nothing better than getting to spend time with your kids and on bikes? Ahh... the best. Good for you Kevin.

I know how much I enjoy riding with my Dad and I think/hope he enjoys riding with me. It warms my heart to see other Father/Son riding groups. Having two of them seems even better.

Or maybe twice as annoying...
smile.png

That's awesome!

I have a question though...you have an fjr, super t, 999 and a hypermotard!?

That's awesome!
I have a question though...you have an fjr, super t, 999 and a hypermotard!?
I'm afraid so, along with an XR650L.

With the wife's harley, my five bikes and 16 bikes at the motorcycle school it feels like I am a full time motorcycle mechanic trying to keep up with maintenance and repairs.

That's awesome!I have a question though...you have an fjr, super t, 999 and a hypermotard!?
I'm afraid so, along with an XR650L.

With the wife's harley, my five bikes and 16 bikes at the motorcycle school it feels like I am a full time motorcycle mechanic trying to keep up with maintenance and repairs.
Wow, I bet it does!

Dude ..... I never figured you old enough to have two grown kids. Must be preservation from living in that freezer known as North Dakota.

That photo says it all. Happy for your reunion!

Last edited by a moderator: