A & S open house

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikemonster

Reaction score
Saw a beautiful blue FJR at A&S (a Sacramento, CA BMW dealership) open house this weekend (4/8/06). Was it anyone from this forum? Glad to see the Yamaha represented in this sea of BMWs.

better not let BMW find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will yank their bikes out of that stealership so fast you'll wonder what happened

better not let BMW find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will yank their bikes out of that stealership so fast you'll wonder what happened
I don't believe that's entirely true. I've been to MANY BMW dealerships that were multi-line/brand.

DB, didja forget a smiley?

So, a customer parks a Yamaha in a BMW dealership lot and BMW yanks the BMWs? This sounds like fun. Gotta go - Bob's BMW closes in 20 minutes!

It may have been my FJR. Did you notice a topcase mounting platform on the back? I was there, but for a very short time. I was parked in a slot near the building about 3 slots toward the road from the used bike area.

I don't believe that's entirely true. I've been to MANY BMW dealerships that were multi-line/brand.

The closest BMW dealer to me is owned by a Honda Car dealership! :eek:

They have two bike dealerships, one is Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki/BMW and the other is Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki

I've never been treated with anything but kindness and respect at A&S. As with all BMW places, they're a little pricey, but always helpful. The parts guy let me take 2 different GS handguards out to the parking lot to see which would work the best (Dan in Fairfield has them now) and the parts girl did the same with the aircompressors so I now have one in my tool tray. Nice folks!

It may have been my FJR. Did you notice a topcase mounting platform on the back? I was there, but for a very short time. I was parked in a slot near the building about 3 slots toward the road from the used bike area.
That was you then. Looked around for whoever owned the FJR (you) for awhile with no luck. I'm a waiter on the AE from PCP. Hopefully in a month. Wanted to talked to someone in person who had a Yamaha. Currently I have a 1200RS. Thanks for responding.

Where are you in the Sacto area? No, So, East or West. there are a number of us in the valley. Hmmmmm, you should be checking the ride planning thread for CA rides. We had a nice one last Saturday, '03-'04-'05s present. Of course, O'vale had some lame excuse....now we know where he was. ;)

MadMike2

What air compressor do you have, and what was the cost. I'll have to watch this board more now that good weather is headed our way. Mr. Blue 58 sold his FJR and few to Delaware to pick up his new to him 04 ST1300 :eek: .

rogerfjrfaster :D

I bought it on sale at A&S. Its sold under the BMW brand and is called the "Airman". Its blue and has a presure indicator in one end. It kinda looks like 2 tube stuck together. IIRC, around $20, and it fits in the tool tray...I put the tool kit under the pillion seat.

Where are you in the Sacto area? No, So, East or West. there are a number of us in the valley. Hmmmmm, you should be checking the ride planning thread for CA rides. We had a nice one last Saturday, '03-'04-'05s present. Of course, O'vale had some lame excuse....now we know where he was. ;)
I'm in East Sac. 43rd and J. For short weekend blasts I drive a Tuono. Weekdays I've been riding an SR 50 scooter. Been using it as my everyday ride all winter . Would definitely like to hook up with some of you forum people some weekend. I'll watch the ride planning thread. Thanks,

Fritz

Of course, O'vale had some lame excuse....now we know where he was. ;)
okay, 1st of all I have several excuses:

-Avs game

-Dropped by A&S to get some fork seals for a neighbor with a 83 R100RT

-Had my adult league adult lacrosse team practice

There! Now next time you schedule a ride, I'd appreciate if you'd plan it around MY schedule :lol:

BMW dealerships around this area are Class operations and so are all the BMW riders I've had a chance to meet and ride with. Some of the best riders around.

Down here in the Southeast, a couple years back--umm I think it was in 04, BMW required their dealers to be exclusive. They could sell nothing other than their bikes. Here in MS we had one BMW dealership located at Hattiesburg Cycles--a multi line dealer. They were forced to drop their BMW line. Now that may just be a regional thing-and still allowable on the west coast, but not here--our closest BMW dealer is Hebert's in Baton Rouge LA.

I obviously read the post wrong and assumed there was a FJR for sale at that dealership :nono: that cant happen here

Down here in the Southeast
That's odd. The BMW dealership here in B'ham, AL sells Ducati and Triumph on the floor with their BMW's
Yep...same thing in Tampa, Fl...

header_image_both.jpg

...and Sarasota, Fl...

header01.jpg

Triumph and BMW seem to be a common pairing. :)