accessory outlets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jastek has been a good vendor with excellent customer service since the first year the FJR hit the US market. They have a plenthora of kits and roll-your-own parts for nearly anything you can think of. The "John Deer"/"BMW" plug is more robust than a car cigar lighter socket and there are adapters for those few things you might have that have hard-wired lighter plugs.

https://www.fjr-tips.org/mods/jp/jp.html

Last edited by a moderator:
At the risk of thread jacking, I wanted to update that I purchased and received the USB cable that Tiger suggested in Post #10 of this thread. I installed it and the GPS works fine with it. Only time will tell how long it last, but it looks to be as good as the Powerlet cable, for 1/5th of the price. For now, I'm happy with it.

I have the dual powerlet hookup that is attached to the lock bracket on the lower left side of the bike. That's hooked up directly to the battery and has been used for battery charging. It was a colossal pia to install and could have been a total disaster if I didnt have a bunch of tools to keep things aligned.

Near the battery I have a PDM 60 for all my fused connections, it is tucked away in right fairing since I have nowhere else to put it (might need to buy a shelf). This was easy, and the block is programmable for switched and un-switched power. Forgot what I tapped for switched. I think the horn.

Also posi locks are the bomb.

^^^^ Same here on my '15. Direct to the battery, use the Powerlets for heated gear pigtail, compressor, tender hook-up...all you need is an adapter!

--G

I installed a fused direct wired powerlet to the body panel close round to me where I felt I could eventually plug in for heated gear. I also use this for the battery tender tie in and to run my compressor.

My GPS is hardwired into the cig power outlet, and my heated grips use the OEM heated grip power.

Mftvv49.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: