Adjusting/modifying the shift lever

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, I have big feet. With my motorcycle boots on they are even bigger. Any suggestions on how I could extend the shifter up and/or out a bit so I can hook my boot under it easier? Thanks in advance.

Shiny parts: the link referenced will allow adjustment of the lever up and down but I *think* you were asking about moving it forward. I've also got big feet (15s) and am finding that the lever hits my foot on top of the arch, rather than out by the ball of my foot. Consequently, I have to move my foot very far down to get under the lever where it now is.

I've ordered another lever (Yamaha is very very proud of that part...$85 after a modest discount!!) that I'll have a welder extent forward a bit, keeping the original one so as to be able to put the bike back stock. I'll let you know if this works.

On the other hand, the encouragement at the link for cleaning/lubing is a good thing. On the other other hand, however, I disagree with posters about not compressing th wavy washers...those things are normally meant to be snugged down tight.

/hank watts

Shiny parts: the link referenced will allow adjustment of the lever up and down but I *think* you were asking about moving it forward. I've also got big feet (15s) and am finding that the lever hits my foot on top of the arch, rather than out by the ball of my foot. Consequently, I have to move my foot very far down to get under the lever where it now is.
I've ordered another lever (Yamaha is very very proud of that part...$85 after a modest discount!!) that I'll have a welder extent forward a bit, keeping the original one so as to be able to put the bike back stock. I'll let you know if this works.

On the other hand, the encouragement at the link for cleaning/lubing is a good thing. On the other other hand, however, I disagree with posters about not compressing th wavy washers...those things are normally meant to be snugged down tight.

/hank watts

Thanks Buddy,

I will be very interested in what you come up with and would like to see a pic when done. Every inch counts....