Aerostich Hi-Viz Recall

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not have any real world experience with it but I do have a Tourmaster Transition II High Vis jacket on order. The reviews of the quality have been great but I have not seen anyone mention the possibility of fading.

Anyone have experience with the Transition II?

Question... Any other Darien owners have this happen to their jackets? I already contacted Rider Wearhouse concerning this issue and they said to send it back for warranty repairs. It's going in this weekend.Brodie
My year old Darien jacket and AD1 pants are holding up very well after 17,000 FJR miles. The only velcro coming off problem I've had is with the velcro that hold the optional hip pads in place at their lower attach point. The pants didn't have velcro installed from the factory for hip pads, but the hip pads came with velcro for self installation. I haven't tried reattaching the velcro because the hip pads seem to hold in place just fine with the upper factory installed velcro at the waist line.

Oh, and my suit is bike black and there's no noticeable fading. :)

Well my new replacement showed up last week. I went with the gray/gray roadcrafter jacket to replace my hi-viz darien. The roadcrafter fits so much better on me than the darien did. Anyway, I just wanted to let anyone who is considering a replacement know that Aerostich couldn't have been better to deal with on this. I will be a loyal customer for a long time after the great service I received during this whole ordeal.

Also, if you're still considering a return, you're running out of time so you should contact someone there soon.

definitely agree on their customer service.

i had ordered a bike thermometer from them, thinking it was something to stick on the bike. turns out it was more like a meat thermometer. i didn't realize that based on the picture they had, which didn't show the long probe part. i called them and explained what had happened, that i wouldn't have ordered it had i seen the sharp metal probe behind it, and while i had the customer service person on the phone, she switched the website's photo right then and there. i thought that was really cool. they refused to give me a refund and in fact told me to f$ck off. just kidding. of course, they gave me a refund including shipping back to them.