• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aerostich R-3 Light One-Piece Suit 46R HiViz/Gray

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireman1028

Reaction score
Aerostich R-3 Light One-Piece riding suit in Size 46 Regular. It has the TF3 Armour in the elbows, knees and shoulders and back). It is Gray with Hi-Viz Ballistics. I don't see the date of manufacture, but the original invoice date was 6/23/2013.

https://www.aerostich.com/suits/one-p...iece-suit.html

The suit is in excellent shape, with no signs of wear. The hi-viz on the knees are a little dirty, but would clean up with a little scrubbing.

I purchased this from the original owner last year and it fit like a dream. Then I discovered the Keto Diet and have dropped 20lbs and now I am swimming in it.

I just washed it with Nikwax Tec wash and treated it with Nikwax Waterproofer.
$650 Shipped to the lower 48.

PM or email me ([email protected]) to start a conversation.

DDAD18C5-40F4-4342-B110-A96B9CABC278_zps1lnxxhlc.jpg
5730BF35-DB0C-4EA8-9D6A-E5FA15401754_zpsuloa9nac.jpg
FDBD7D44-7052-442F-BEB3-5B9E3ABA3CAA_zpsewahqtii.jpg
8078159C-2B94-4DE6-BA30-92C6F26542F2_zpsfpbb0rvl.jpg
87F37413-E7F2-4A4E-A874-608FEF8AA288_zpszqgjml2n.jpg

KILLER PRICE! GLWS!

The R-3 one-piece is the best riding gear you can buy. Want a second opinion? Search this site for "Aerostich" (or "Stich") and see what others have to say.

As a bonus, the FJR sidecase was sized specifically to fit a rolled-up R-3. Fits in there like ..... well ... use your favorite simile.

edit, 5 mins later: I see he's got a back protector. That's an add-on, and not inexpensive. I use mine whenever traveling out of town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aerostich R-3 Light One-Piece riding suit in Size 46 Regular. It has the TF3 Armour in the elbows, knees and shoulders and back). It is Gray with Hi-Viz Ballistics. I don't see the date of manufacture, but the original invoice date was 6/23/2013.

https://www.aerostich.com/suits/one-p...iece-suit.html

The suit is in excellent shape, with no signs of wear. The hi-viz on the knees are a little dirty, but would clean up with a little scrubbing.

I purchased this from the original owner last year and it fit like a dream. Then I discovered the Keto Diet and have dropped 20lbs and now I am swimming in it.

I just washed it with Nikwax Tec wash and treated it with Nikwax Waterproofer.
$650 Shipped to the lower 48.

PM or email me ([email protected]) to start a conversation.

DDAD18C5-40F4-4342-B110-A96B9CABC278_zps1lnxxhlc.jpg
5730BF35-DB0C-4EA8-9D6A-E5FA15401754_zpsuloa9nac.jpg
FDBD7D44-7052-442F-BEB3-5B9E3ABA3CAA_zpsewahqtii.jpg
8078159C-2B94-4DE6-BA30-92C6F26542F2_zpsfpbb0rvl.jpg
87F37413-E7F2-4A4E-A874-608FEF8AA288_zpszqgjml2n.jpg

How tall are you and how much do you now weigh. If you were a female I would not dare ask!! I am 5'10" and 145lbs. I wear a size 42 jacket.

Dang, if I hadn't just picked up an RC, I would be all over this! I would much rather have the R-3 or the Light. Just my size too...

GLWS

If it fits OK, it's the bee's knees, FredW. And the grey will match your beard.
coolsmiley02.gif

I cannot say how much better riding in stich is. I had good gear before, and usually stayed dry. But it was more trouble to situate, less comfortable, way more prone to letting drips in or wicking water, was more trouble to fool with, and consequently, didn’t get worn as much. With aerostich I just throw it on in seconds, and it’s good to go. No finicky parts. A lot of the subtle awesomeness you won’t understand until you try one. Mine are coming up on their first nikwax session after a long fall/winter of riding.

Nice looking suit for a great price. I also gave it some considerable thought but I think I am long enough in the body that it would have raised my voice a half an octave or so.

Re-activated my gym membership this year and my circumference has dropped a bit as well.

The suit is in near perfect shape. Unfortunately its shape and my shape are not compatibles.

Just standing with it on, it fit wonderfully. Not tight on my belly and enough room in my long torso to not give a wedgie. Leg length was good. The problem is that my upper torso is too... well developed. :rolleyes:

When I reach forward into a riding position the suit pulls and cuts into my upper arms. I need more room up in the upper torso and shoulders or to have the suit built with the arms canted more forwards.

Big Ogre and I are going to meet up early next week and see if it fits him better. If not, Ill be back to see who else would like a crack at it. I really wish it had worked for me as it appears to be a very versatile riding suit.

Fred W.

I would be interested after know your height and weight......reading the aerostitch web, that size might be just right for me. Let me know if the other sale falls thru. Thanks, Dave

I’m 6 foot 2 and go about 230 lbs these days. Aerostich says I’m a 46 in Darien but a 48 in Roadcrafter. I’d have to say that they are spot on. The Roadcrafter almost fit me, but not quite. I’ll let you know if the deal with Big Ogre falls through.