After market windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blurry vision

Reaction score
I purchased the optional Yamaha windscreen that is aprox. 4 inches taller , after installation I took a quick test ride what a disappointment , the windscreen vibrated up and down severely once you reached freeway speed in fact in vibrated so much it affected my vision and concentration while riding and made it a liitle unsafe , does anyone know of a good after market wind screen that will compliment the FJR

A group buy going on till 7/15/09 on Cee Baileys https://www.ceebaileys.com/ The bestway is to contact Avo for this group buy @ 800-788-0618 to make sure you get the discounts.

I have a tall Yamaha and it is clear and vibration free so check your mounts and hardware.

Dale

Last edited by a moderator:
I also bought the taller stock Yamaha screen and have had absolutely no trouble with it at all. Is the vibration in the windscreen, or is it aero buffeting of your helmet/head? I do have to wear earplugs on this bike as the wind noise is pretty bad inside the skull bucket.

Curious,

W2

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased the optional Yamaha windscreen that is aprox. 4 inches taller , after installation I took a quick test ride what a disappointment , the windscreen vibrated up and down severely once you reached freeway speed in fact in vibrated so much it affected my vision and concentration while riding and made it a liitle unsafe , does anyone know of a good after market wind screen that will compliment the FJR
So how much do you want for the Yamaha shield?? :p

Mike

I just added a CalSci Large today, and went a hundred miles. Better than stock in that it cuts down the extraneous breeze on the sides, good for cooler weather. For more control and to avoid switching out windshields, I will use Baker Air Wings under the mirrors. These should cut down more on the breeze in cold, but if you want air when hot, these things should work great. Had them on the Goldwing, absolutely necessary on it.

Anyway, air behind the CalSci is quite clean and quiet as you raise the windshield. I like that it's a bit taller for more rain protection if I need it...

what about rifle winscreens i read somewhere that they are good anyone have any experience with them

I use a Laminar Lip and it's great. However, if I could get the same effect without having the top of the windshield so "busy" where it attaches, I'd like it better.

Only 16 posts before the word "search" was mentioned, on one of the most talked about forum topics. I'm disappointed in the reaction times here... :rolleyes: