• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aftermarket Exhaust wanted......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LgFJR

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Gen 1....looking for some reasonably priced tunes......have to be presentable w/no dings.....preferably pipes I don't have to remap the ecu for also.....I don't want much......LOL.......

I'm in SoCal....don't mind driving a ways to pick up if they're anywhere close by......

Dawn, owner of Desert Cycle Works in Twentynine Palms, CA, had some cans at one time. Used, but I don't know the condition. I just pinged him to see if he still has them. I know for sure they were for a 2005 FJR, cuz he took 'em off when he bought Turbo Dave's old bike from Turbo. Maybe someone else can recall what aftermarket cans Turbo was runnin' on his Oh-Five.

If it's a little hairier exhaust note you're looking for, consider the Trooper Mod, or some variation of it. I still get a kick out of the changed sound coming out of my stock cans after about 5,000 miles. See if anybody around you has done it (and they have, I know).

Have a set of Leo Vince,

SBK OVAL EVOII CARBON

YAMAHA FJR 1300

Year: 2003-2010

Type: Slip-On

Includes Optional Quiet Insert

Used, in perfect condition. Includes all hardware and stickers.

New cost over $800.00+tx+shipping asking $500.00

Have a set of Leo Vince,

SBK OVAL EVOII CARBON

YAMAHA FJR 1300

Year: 2003-2010

Type: Slip-On

Includes Optional Quiet Insert

Used, in perfect condition. Includes all hardware and stickers.

New cost over $800.00+tx+shipping asking $500.00

kman....I'm looking for a bit less spendy of a deal......but those sound nice.....also going for noise and not quiet so much.....want to see if I can outdo some Harleys..........

If it's a little hairier exhaust note you're looking for, consider the Trooper Mod, or some variation of it. I still get a kick out of the changed sound coming out of my stock cans after about 5,000 miles. See if anybody around you has done it (and they have, I know).
Sacramento Mike this may be the way I go......I actually modded my C10 this way......the price is certainly right.......thanks for running this past me, I had not heard of it before now..........

I followed a Gen 2 FJR around at NERDS which had Garauld's muffler cones installed and they sounded great. They were a bit louder and a lot deeper sounding than stock.

I have a full Muzzy header and muffler system and I have spent a lot of time trying to quiet it down. It is extremely loud when it comes from the factory, to the point where I could not stand near the bike during warmup without my ear plugs in. I added a 'quiet core', which helped some, and I repacked the muffler with packing made by Hindle. The Hindle packing is a tight weave blanket rather than the loose fiberglass that Muzzy provides. I think the packing made more of a difference than the quiet core. It is still louder than I'd like, but acceptable now.

I followed a Gen 2 FJR around at NERDS which had Garauld's muffler cones installed and they sounded great. They were a bit louder and a lot deeper sounding than stock.
Whoever that was probably had done the Trooper mod first. I don't think the cones alone would make the pipes sound any louder and deeper. Some did that after modding the cans just for improved looks. I believe they actually slightly muffle the sound post-mod.

Whoever that was probably had done the Trooper mod first. I don't think the cones alone would make the pipes sound any louder and deeper. Some did that after modding the cans just for improved looks. I believe they actually slightly muffle the sound post-mod.
Nope. No trooper mod. He said that the cones had a small gap between the pipe and the cone which made the change in sound. He also said that some folks complained about the sound so Garauld made a spacer to fill the gap on subsequent cones so they would retain the original sound.

Nope. No trooper mod. He said that the cones had a small gap between the pipe and the cone which made the change in sound. He also said that some folks complained about the sound so Garauld made a spacer to fill the gap on subsequent cones so they would retain the original sound.

Thanks for all the good input....I've joined in with the Patriot Guard and I'm not happy being in the "silent minority"......its a bummer being the fastest bike in the crowd by far, and sounding like a sewing machine.......lol.........

I have a 2005 Gen 1....looking for some reasonably priced tunes......have to be presentable w/no dings.....preferably pipes I don't have to remap the ecu for also.....I don't want much......LOL.......

I'm in SoCal....don't mind driving a ways to pick up if they're anywhere close by......
i have a fu;; set of 2 brothers stainless steel with tip devices. Live in Rancho Cucamonga, PM me if want to discuss