Aftermarket headerpipes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thommo

Reaction score
Who else makes aftermarket header pipes for the FJR? apart from Holeshots. i have a set of cans coming my way, Beowulf cans, but, you know how it is, why not a set of nice bling bling headers... i don't use the 02 sensor anymore, and i'm not particularly green, so why not ditch the cats...

Muzzy makes a 4 into 1 system...other than Holeshot, not aware of anyone else making a split system. Maybe some of the forum hotrods have found someone else. If you want to get rid of them, why not just cut the cats out? A couple folks here have taken the honeycomb out through the top of the pipes.

--G

As a matter of fact, just 3 days or so ago, hey member posted that he has some muzzy's that he wanted to part with "actually barter" a trade for some stock pipes. He doesn't fancy the sound of the Muzzy only because he wants a stealthier sound. sorry can't recall link....look under for sales/trade.

forgot about muzzy. i prefer pipes either side than a single pipe, a personal thing really....

at work i have the tools to cut the cats out totally if i really wanted to, cut out and replace with straight pipe, that's certainly an option...

forgot about muzzy. i prefer pipes either side than a single pipe, a personal thing really....
at work i have the tools to cut the cats out totally if i really wanted to, cut out and replace with straight pipe, that's certainly an option...
You don't have to remove the cat collector. Those who have done the modification simply remove the headers from the bike, cut a 3-sided square pattern on the top and remove the cats, then fold the piece back down and weld it together. From the bottom it looks OEM but it is hollow and not restrictive.

It won't quite be the same as the Holeshot header but since you have the technology to perform the act, it would be much cheaper.